Where to Find Modest Clothing

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Where to Find Modest Clothing

Post by Once Again »

I know it's difficult to find modest clothing for girls and women at most stores today. I've found that Land's End has some nice blouses and I will occasionally buy dresses from Lilies Apparel, though they are scaling back production lately. Ebay can also be a source of modest clothing. Ladies, where are you buying clothing for yourself and your daughters these days?
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: Where to Find Modest Clothing

Post by Joy »

Thrift stores are a better bet for finding modest clothing than other clothing stores, because they aren't bent on following the latest wrinkle ;) in immodest clothing. The clothes are also much less expensive, of course. I've even seen cape dresses for sale.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Joy wrote:Thrift stores are a better bet for finding modest clothing than other clothing stores, because they aren't bent on following the latest wrinkle ;) in immodest clothing. The clothes are also much less expensive, of course. I've even seen cape dresses for sale.
Same here- but if i was young like a lot of these gals, I understand their dilema as in trying to find clothes that don't make them seem of feel so out of place among their age group-
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

My wife sews hers.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Well, Valerie, there are lots of clothes for all age groups in most of the thrift stores that I've visited, in several states. So I see teenage girls shopping, as well as other age groups.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i like Land's End, too, Once Again.
i've shopped there since our family was young. reliable quality, with frequent sales, prices can be reasonable. even today, when so many things are poor quality, they remain pretty reliable for children's and women's clothing. (i don't buy for men anymore.) i used to buy from LL Bean, too.

they offer daily free shipping with $49 purchase, that's another help.
they sell school uniforms.

we like thrift stores, too.
in my locations, i've never seen any plain clothing, but, i'm sure in various areas, this is a help.

MD was a great resource for fabric stores and clothing stores. and more.
it would be nice if those names+links were added to MN.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Once Again wrote:I know it's difficult to find modest clothing for girls and women at most stores today. I've found that Land's End has some nice blouses and I will occasionally buy dresses from Lilies Apparel, though they are scaling back production lately. Ebay can also be a source of modest clothing. Ladies, where are you buying clothing for yourself and your daughters these days?
This is an excellent resource my wife has used and continues to use: https://www.gehmanscountryfabrics.com/
0 x