The last time you had a really great conversation

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

The last time you had a really great conversation

Post by Bootstrap »

When is the last time you had a really great conversation, the kind of conversation you remember, that changes you? Who was it with? What made it good?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: The last time you had a really great conversation

Post by Valerie »

Yesterday. With Sharon, at Church. Sharon is a black woman, a widow- for months now, we have been spending time together after Church having fellowship. I don't know- it's one Sunday she sat by us, we got to talking, invited her to join us for coffee in the coffee room/area and we've been friends/sisters ever since.
Sharon has great faith. Listening to her, helps me keep my focus on what a mighty caring God we serve.

Yesterday, she didn't just talk faith, she sang us a couple of spiritual songs. I was delighted to have those songs playing in my mind- one of them had a chorus "He said it, I believe it" and it was an inspiration to remind me to TRUST in the Lord and what He says, verses other reports out there- she has been praying for my daughter and she has helped me not to worry but to trust God, and believe His word. I found I was returning to the kind of faith and walk that we had/have been used to- and letting it our cares go to the One who can actually change things, in His time.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I love it!
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
betterpromises2
Affiliation: Foothills Comm. Ch.

Post by betterpromises2 »

Your thread topic seems like it may be hinting at a question that is something like this: How many of us feel like love to have spiritually edifying and encouraging and challenging conversations with brothers and sisters, but find that it just doesn't happen that much in our local fellowships?

For me personally, over the last 30-35 years of church attendance the fellowship (and the teaching/preaching) has been generally not too helpful in terms of spiritual growth for my wife and me. We've grown tremendously, but it is almost always resulted from our own efforts at independent study and pursuit of spiritual life and growth by attending good conferences and fellowshipping and developing relationship with hungry saints in those settings.

That being said, my geographic location and church settings are probably very different from most of you all, so maybe you have a different perspective and experience than me.

Chris.
0 x