Life In New Hampshire

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
clutch
Affiliation:

Life In New Hampshire

Post by clutch »

So. I have officially been here for good since end of April. Except for the fiasco of going back to Ohio to get my stuff. Thankfully that is in the past. :lol:

Things are going well here in New Hampshire. Still technically not allowed to drive per my doctor and friends orders however i may have to in a couple weeks if i have to get to work since my friend will be in Boston picking up her fiance who is flying in from Scotland for a visit. So we will see how that goes. In regards to work i no longer work at Advance Auto Parts. :( Wasn't that i didn't love the job or the company but we were losing money between tolls and gas not to mention that they threw way too huge of a workload on me to start. I don't like to brag or even give myself credit but if it hadn't been for me about 4 days of my first week that store would have ground to a halt when my boss was sick. So sadly that job is done, i left on good terms and i'm always welcome back in the company if i ever want to come back. I know i broke our commercial sales field reps heart when she heard i was quitting. She was already plotting to get me back on the commercial counter but she understood the money side of things. So that job is done and provided my drug test and background check come back clean which they will i will be working at Walmart in Rochester, NH in the tire and lube department. Lost $1 an hour, i was at $10 at advance but $9 there though with what will be saved in tolls,food, and gas it is worth it along with stress. So that's where things are on the work front.

On the personal front things are going good. I'm happier here, eating better, more relaxed. It's nice actually getting out and doing things along with having friends. It was so odd at first going to a friends house and watching movies or playing board games. Never realized just how isolated i was in Ohio. I'm hoping for a good birthday, even if i have to work on September 14th. I'm making sure i have the 15th off. My parents are surprisingly going to drive a couple hundred miles extra from Jim Thorpe to meet my friend, her fiance, and i at a restaraunt in New Town, Conneticut called Blue Colony Diner it's open 24 hours and is simply amazing. If you want amazing food, good prices, and good service it's your place. So things are going well and i'm hoping it stays that way with winter coming. I'm told up here in the frozen north there is a lot to do in the winter provided you don't mind the cold and snow. I"m just glad we have the lifted F150 and 4 wheel drive. So we will see where things go.

I do have a question though for anyone who lives or have lived up this way, any sights or attractions you suggest for when my friend's fiance comes from Scotland? He has never been to the states so we want to give him a proper New England tour.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Life In New Hampshire

Post by temporal1 »

so happy to read this about your move.
i don't have a suggested itinerary, but, you are in a great location for visitors .. and, being new to the area, yourself, you'll explore together!

when i first visited my son in Seattle, he had been so busy working, he had not gotten to see anything.
he worked during my visit, but we still managed to get in a nice overview on weekends and after his work day. great visit. i showed him around! 'had never been there before. lol

depending on how long your friend's fiance will stay, there are lots of day trips, too: Boston, Cape Cod, Vermont, Maine, Canada .. depending on where you are in NH. and your budget.

October is best for fall foliage tours. beautiful all year.
between scenery and history, much more to see than one trip can provide.

i hope you get some specific suggestions. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Clutch, I'm glad you're finding it helpful to your peace.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
clutch
Affiliation:

Post by clutch »

Thanks to both of you. I'm glad i'm enjoying it and doing well here too. Today was a bad day, money issues and trying to get my parents to carry me just a bit longer till the walmart pay kicks in. I will admit i'm asking for a lot with the number which i won't say but it's enough to take 10-12 months to pay them back. Anyone who knows my history with my parents knows how they can be with money and finances so my friend and i got burned when my mom said she would help cover the truck payment for a few months until i had steady work after i got back from Ohio. So it is what it is. Hopefully things all work out and if my parents don't float me a loan the finance companies on the truck and car along with the house can ride it out till i get my first couple checks. I just know it will be nice when i'm free of depending on my parents. Not that they haven't helped but to finally stand mostly on my own will be nice. I'm sure now and then my friend may have to help me with some money but that's the beauty of how we have things, it's not my money or hers it's a collective money and as long as we both are good with the purchase or expense it's fine.

As for the day trips i don't know what will happen with those. We are about 5 hours from Canada and i don't have a pass port so it's out. We might run up to vermont or down to Fall River, Mass. She has family burried down there and a few family members left in the area. Plenty to do in Fall River between battleship cove and all the stuff related to Lizzie Borden. It's kind of interesting my friend has family burried in the same cemetery as Lizzie and her family so i have been there. Never thought i would get to see history like that in person. So we will see where it goes, sadly we won't be meeting my parents. Dad's trip for PA got pushed back to the week after and either way we don't have gas so not happening.

As for things i think we are doing for sure are these.
Portland Headlight
Nubble Lighthouse
Fall River, Ma
Zeb's in North Conway, NH

So we have a few things lined up. Wanted to take a ride on the scenic railroad but $60 a person is a wee bit steep for our taste.
0 x