Miracle in BC

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Miracle in BC

Post by haithabu »

This from a sister who lives in the bush near Quesnel with her husband. They had had to evacuate due to the forest fire but obvious it's now safe to return, since they now have the world's biggest fire break. (Though at some cost.) We have been praying for them as a church.

We have so much to tell you about but the huge news is that our house didn't burn down but everything else did. What happened at our place is one of God's miracles. The fire burned on all 4 sides of the house and decimated our property. We had no water on the building as someone had taken the pump away and removed the sprinklers around the house. The furthest the fire came to our house was about 6 feet away from the west side where the wooden deck is, on the east side it is 2 feet away. The fire did not burn right up to the house anywhere! We had cut the natural grasses short and raked up the dead stuff over 3 weeks ago and there have been + 30 temps and no rain and everything was bone dry and still the grass did not burn! God is so good! We have 6 windows broken on the south and east sides of the house due to the heat and have some ash inside the house because of the broken windows. The house doesn't smell great but nothing a few fish and curry dinners can't take care of! The big quonset was destroyed and everything in it which was most of Daves' tools and virtually everything that allows us to live independently out here. Dave is our computer expert so I'll have to get him to send you some pictures. What I would like to express to you and our church family that God is a loving God and is full of grace and mercy. Prayer absolutely is answered so thank you all for praying with us.
1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Miracle in BC

Post by RZehr »

I'm glad their house was spared. Last week we were getting a lot of smoke from BC all the way down here in Oregon.Visibility was under 10 miles.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote:I'm glad their house was spared. :D
Last week we were getting a lot of smoke from BC all the way down here in Oregon.Visibility was under 10 miles.
in the Seattle area, Puget Sound, considerable smoke lingered .. it must have been a couple of weeks. there isn't a lot of wind here, so, it did linger. a constant reminder of how bad it must have been in Canada. so scary.
it's been dry here for a couple of months, no change on the horizon. but, change is expected.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

We're so glad they're safe! We've been praying for those who are in/near the fires.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Wonderful and amazing. I like their upbeat spirit and sense of humour.
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

appleman2006 wrote:Wonderful and amazing. I like their upbeat spirit and sense of humour.
So did I - of course, when you witness a miracle (or experience one) like they did you have plenty of reason to have an upbeat spirit- I love this testimony, God makes Himself obvvious- listening to the prayers, and the glory to Him, and the thankfulness to those who prayed- thanks for sharing!
1 x