Chlormequat chloride in grains

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Chlormequat chloride in grains

Post by Ken »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:10 pm You think we are simply detecting this sort of thing because we now have the ability to detect it, where before we did not?

In other words, nothing has changed?
Chlormequat has been recommended for and used on grains since the 1960s. So yes, probably nothing has changed and we are just seeing something now that we weren't looking for previously.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:10 pm You think we are simply detecting this sort of thing because we now have the ability to detect it, where before we did not?

In other words, nothing has changed?
Honestly… given the source of the research… I likely wouldn’t have posted it if I read further first. My father for all his education tends to give too much credit for these things.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:48 pm
Josh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:08 am The last time I had tacos in Europe they were significantly better than the slop served out of various trucks on the side of the road, etc. in America. (In particular the tortillas had been made fresh instead of something out of a bag.)
Do you think that was due to the Chlormequat?

In any event, that's what you get for going to a taco truck in Ohio. You should try one in San Antonio sometime.
I was actually referring to some disappointing taco experiences I had the last time I was in California.

If I want great tacos in Ohio… we just get out the tortilla press and make them ourselves. It turns out that to have good “ethnic” food, you don’t need to import millions of immigrants; you just need a recipe book.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Josh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:19 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:48 pm
Josh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:08 am The last time I had tacos in Europe they were significantly better than the slop served out of various trucks on the side of the road, etc. in America. (In particular the tortillas had been made fresh instead of something out of a bag.)
Do you think that was due to the Chlormequat?

In any event, that's what you get for going to a taco truck in Ohio. You should try one in San Antonio sometime.
I was actually referring to some disappointing taco experiences I had the last time I was in California.

If I want great tacos in Ohio… we just get out the tortilla press and make them ourselves. It turns out that to have good “ethnic” food, you don’t need to import millions of immigrants; you just need a recipe book.
If you are in Cali, try San Jose' next time.
0 x
:hug: