Shanty Shaker family moving

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: Shanty Shaker family moving

Post by ken_sylvania »

MaxPC wrote: Absolutely true. It's also a reminder that a fancy home isn't needed, just a weather tight home (coming from an old man who lives in a used motorhome :lol: )
Would that be a used mobile home sort of like this one? (Video only works in Internet Explorer browser.)
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ken_sylvania wrote:
MaxPC wrote: Absolutely true. It's also a reminder that a fancy home isn't needed, just a weather tight home (coming from an old man who lives in a used motorhome :lol: )
Would that be a used mobile home sort of like this one? (Video only works in Internet Explorer browser.)
:laugh
More like this one http://www.pikespeakrv.com/rv/1999-THOR ... 21RB-3062A
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

Now its two months since our official moving day. Everyone seems to have adjusted well, including the two goats we picked up from friends (for friends who are out of state now). So we don't technically own the goats, yet they are getting the little pasture looking better for us.
I have our older children researching how to properly raise grass feed beef, chickens both for meat and eggs, and the possibility of adding more goats.
I've enjoyed getting some homeowner projects done, including getting a large plot tilled up for a garden. I've assigned our oldest daughter to researching the best gardening practices for our family. She already wanted (and got) her own separate plot for a strawberry patch.
We also got a path mowed the whole way around the pasture for taking family walks. I measured it with the van, it comes out to a .5 mile walk!
I also got a softball field sized area mowed down below the house for a family ball diamond.
Now to figure out the best way to increase our income while not sacrificing family time. I already have one good option available, we just need to figure out if it will work for us.

Blessings to you all as you prayed for us as we went through this ordeal this year!
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

ShantyShaker wrote:Now its two months since our official moving day. Everyone seems to have adjusted well, including the two goats we picked up from friends (for friends who are out of state now). So we don't technically own the goats, yet they are getting the little pasture looking better for us.
I have our older children researching how to properly raise grass feed beef, chickens both for meat and eggs, and the possibility of adding more goats.
I've enjoyed getting some homeowner projects done, including getting a large plot tilled up for a garden. I've assigned our oldest daughter to researching the best gardening practices for our family. She already wanted (and got) her own separate plot for a strawberry patch.
We also got a path mowed the whole way around the pasture for taking family walks. I measured it with the van, it comes out to a .5 mile walk!
I also got a softball field sized area mowed down below the house for a family ball diamond.
Now to figure out the best way to increase our income while not sacrificing family time. I already have one good option available, we just need to figure out if it will work for us.

Blessings to you all as you prayed for us as we went through this ordeal this year!
You're news here is such a blessing to read and your perserverance in the faith is inspiring! You're children have learned a LOT that will help them through life, through all your trails & tribulations (that Jesus promised we would have)
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

SS, it's good to hear from you and encouraging too. Farm and homestead life is healthy and peaceful.

Those goats are leaving you manure for the garden. Chickens provide a slow release fertilizer. You can sell extra eggs for income too. Keeping you all in prayer for continued success. :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

:D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN