Shanty Shaker family moving

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Re: Shanty Shaker family moving

Post by ShantyShaker »

We got a home inspection done today! One of my co-workers just got his certification and I got him to do while I "watched over his shoulders".
As my buying agent told me, I learned a lot about the house this way. We found a few issues, but we'll have to deal with them ourselves as the house is being sold "as is".
Now to wait for the appraisal, water, and sewer test to be done.
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

ShantyShaker wrote:We got a home inspection done today! One of my co-workers just got his certification and I got him to do while I "watched over his shoulders".
As my buying agent told me, I learned a lot about the house this way. We found a few issues, but we'll have to deal with them ourselves as the house is being sold "as is".
Now to wait for the appraisal, water, and sewer test to be done.
Wise advice! There is a good reason to use real estate agents! (I'm bias, having been in real estate almost 18 years but I gained great respect for the purpose of using agents- )

Thank you for keeping us posted!
0 x
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

The appraisal came back already, $7,000 above our agreement price!
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Now if only I could sell my house! I would sell for considerably less than the latest appraisal, even after installing all new floors and updating the heating system. Oh, well, we wish you the best in your new home.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

ShantyShaker wrote:The appraisal came back already, $7,000 above our agreement price!
Great news for the buyer, (not so great for the seller ;) ) really, a blessing from the Lord, perhaps affirmation of this 'gift'- already you have an 'additional' $7,000 in equity to whatever you put down, off to a good start!

Glory to God!
0 x
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

Our small group from Church got together last night to help us get a few things done to "pass inspection" for the financing company.
We had 7 wooden windows and a small access door to scrape and repaint, and a hand rail to install to the cellar. Instead of repainting the lattice work, I chose to replace it with vinyl lattice which also got done.
Now on to more paperwork!
0 x
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

The "repairs" have all been completed now, all testing has been done and has passed.
Now to finish this mound of paperwork. There's a lot more of it with the type of mortgage we had to go with.
We're hoping to have closing done by the 16th, sooner would be nicer!
My wife is really feeling the stress of doing this while the grief is still this raw. And school starts the 22nd.....
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

ShantyShaker wrote:The "repairs" have all been completed now, all testing has been done and has passed.
Now to finish this mound of paperwork. There's a lot more of it with the type of mortgage we had to go with.
We're hoping to have closing done by the 16th, sooner would be nicer!
My wife is really feeling the stress of doing this while the grief is still this raw. And school starts the 22nd.....
Great! I know it's stressful, what you've gone through is difficult and takes so much time to heal, lots of prayer- lots of loving support around- to be thrown into the housing situation is difficult too! Moving is on the list of the top things that cause stress in people's lives. Please push yourself through the paperwork, and be proactive with getting the paperwork through- in the case where 'dates' are important here with school starting, you don't need any surprises holding things up- sometimes you have to make calls to folks that the lender is waiting for this verification or that- it's a headache but will soon be over and you can start new soon- and make a nice home for yourselves-

God bless you and yours during these times where God is truly your Father
0 x
ShantyShaker

Post by ShantyShaker »

As of this morning I finally got a closing date and time! 9:00 this Thurs and we plan to immediately start the moving process and plan to finish moving on Sat.
The stress is slowly lessening!
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

ShantyShaker wrote:As of this morning I finally got a closing date and time! 9:00 this Thurs and we plan to immediately start the moving process and plan to finish moving on Sat.
The stress is slowly lessening!
Good. You've been through the mill a lot in the past couple of years. Hopefully this will give you and your family a sense of security and stability that will bring some rest. I know that the only true rest comes from Christ and that you've been experiencing that, but these other things are gifts from Him for you as well.

Wish you all the best as you settle in to another home.
0 x