Selling Blueberries? .. or, maybe not.

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Selling Blueberries? .. or, maybe not.

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote:sometimes, there is hesitation to click on links
Posting several paragraphs from the linked article, instead of just the link, helps us to know whether it's of interest, so that's helpful. Often instead of clicking the link, I'll copy the link and paste it into a new tab or window. That prevents (I think) the linked site from seeing the visit as a referral from MN.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Back on topic, I'm surprised at how many people think it's a really great thing that the government is restricting one business's ability to sell blueberries because the owners of that business have an unrelated activity of renting out their home for weddings and don't allow gay weddings.
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote:Back on topic, I'm surprised at how many people think it's a really great thing that the government is restricting one business's ability to sell blueberries because the owners of that business have an unrelated activity of renting out their home for weddings and don't allow gay weddings.
It's called putting pressure on them to change their home wedding rental business- it's going to be all about pressuring people to conform or lose- sometimes lose it all (as in business) for the sake of the Gospel truth.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote: i intentionally put this topic in ["Other,"] not "Politics," because my interest is in the human and family aspects, not the political.

in my view, far too much has been hijacked for biased politics.
(Trump did not start it, he may be a response to it, but he is not responsible for starting it.)
if Trump's name is a "trigger" for you, please bypass this topic, rather than hijack it for political statements. please avoid political arguments and accusations. :)
correction: this category is "The Homestead" (not "Other.") :)
ohio jones wrote:
temporal1 wrote:sometimes, there is hesitation to click on links
Posting several paragraphs from the linked article, instead of just the link, helps us to know whether it's of interest, so that's helpful. Often instead of clicking the link, I'll copy the link and paste it into a new tab or window. That prevents (I think) the linked site from seeing the visit as a referral from MN.
interesting.
Josh wrote:Back on topic, I'm surprised at how many people think it's a really great thing that the government is restricting one business's ability to sell blueberries because the owners of that business have an unrelated activity of renting out their home for weddings and don't allow gay weddings.
i'm no longer surprised, but plenty dismayed.
it makes me wonder what is being taught in institutions claiming to be education.

until very recently, when making purchases for family, personal, or business, i did not investigate the sellers' private lives, or private thoughts .. neither was i aware that corporations were engaging in social engineering experiments, possibly with government incentives to do so ..

(incentives like, tax credits, grants, funding for building for specific political purposes, etc.) what is the full story behind all this international corporate activity? i'm not convinced it's out of the goodness of their philanthropic corporate hearts.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I really wonder if that can hold up in court. I hope not.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Bootstrap wrote:
I really wonder if that can hold up in court. I hope not.
I highly doubt it. What concerns me is the mindset that it's a good thing when the government uses force to override people's religious convictions.

They don't seem to understand that it might be their own pet issue (gay marriage) today, but tomorrow it could very well be something on Trump's agenda.
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

Haven't read through this thread but the title brought back a funny, at least to me, instance on someone selling strawberries at a roadside stand. I thought later it just might have been a clever marketing scheme.

The sign read 'Strawberries $.30 a quart or 3 for a dollar.'
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

The Blueberries incident is making the rounds in news reports.
i hope the courts will find wisdom to rule wisely. their ruling stands to affect ("everyone.")
farmers' markets are busy, all over the country.

btw.
i don't notice that Trump and this administration are against homosexuals.
they seem to not buy into special rights for homosexuals.

maybe similar to the way (i understand) separation of church and state?
(i don't believe) separation of church and state was ever intended to be a default to "strict rule by atheists." so strict, thoughts are controlled by gov mandate/force of law? no, i don't think that-was-it. :-| .. but, this is being tested. courts will decide. praying for wisdom.
0 x

UNKNOWN
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Country Mill Farms has obtained an injunction requiring East Lansing to allow them to sell their products at market while the legal dispute plays out.
http://wlns.com/2017/09/17/charlotte-fa ... rs-market/
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ken_sylvania wrote:Country Mill Farms has obtained an injunction requiring East Lansing to allow them to sell their products at market while the legal dispute plays out.
http://wlns.com/2017/09/17/charlotte-fa ... rs-market/
i'm surprised, and happy they did not lose the entire season, but the loss was significant.
hoping this will hold up as the case continues. they have customers. :D

there seems to be more moderate court rulings this year, as compared to the prior eight years.
0 x

UNKNOWN