Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2023

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2023

Post by steve-in-kville »

Josh wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:23 pm It was a success and the youth enjoyed a way to finally get out and meet other Charity type youth from other places that weren’t their first cousins.

Am I a bad person for laughing at that? :lol:
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
HondurasKeiser
Affiliation: LMC & IEMH

Post by HondurasKeiser »

Josh wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:23 pm Over the years many people have stopped attending church and KFW is the only church type of event they go to all year. About half of the attendees would fit in this category. The leadership in my view is sensitive to the needs of such people and I appreciate their choices of speakers and topics, many of which emphasise the importance of church and local fellowship.
Josh, I'm curious about this part. Why are these attendees no longer attending a church fellowship but nevertheless attending this event?
0 x
Affiliation: Lancaster Mennonite Conference & Honduran Mennonite Evangelical Church
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

HondurasKeiser wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:19 am
Josh wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:23 pm Over the years many people have stopped attending church and KFW is the only church type of event they go to all year. About half of the attendees would fit in this category. The leadership in my view is sensitive to the needs of such people and I appreciate their choices of speakers and topics, many of which emphasise the importance of church and local fellowship.
Josh, I'm curious about this part. Why are these attendees no longer attending a church fellowship but nevertheless attending this event?
Many of the attendees come from a plain background and then matriculated through Charity circles, often adopting practices like homeschooling, etc. and pulled away from more "traditional" Mennonite and Amish structures.

If something happened that caused them to stop attending church, they still feel comfortable coming to KFW. Since many of those people practice homeschooling, they don't need a church school; likewise, KFW is an opportunity for their young people to meet other like minded young people. One person told me that KFW is his "church" which he attends once a year...
0 x