School Dinners: Loathed and Loved

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

School Dinners: Loathed and Loved

Post by MaxPC »

What menus do you remember from your school days? Was there a favorite meal item? A loathed item?

We saw quite a bit of prunes and figs in our school dinners (allegedly to keep us "tickety-boo"). These are still not my favorite dried fruits.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: School Dinners: Loathed and Loved

Post by Sudsy »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:31 pm What menus do you remember from your school days? Was there a favorite meal item? A loathed item?

We saw quite a bit of prunes and figs in our school dinners (allegedly to keep us "tickety-boo"). These are still not my favorite dried fruits.
I did not eat school dinners but took my lunch in a lunch bag or quickly walked home and back to have a lunch at home.

"tickety-boo" ? I take this means 'in perfect order' when referring to bowel movements.

As an aside, I found these 'Euphemisms for Pooping' and many I never heard before and they made me laugh. I know, I have a weird sense of humor. Some say it stinks. Some of my childish ways still holding on. :oops:

https://hellotushy.com/blogs/the-poster ... or-pooping

Well, back to your questions. The "tickety-boo" was one I had not heard before.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:23 pm "tickety-boo" ? I take this means 'in perfect order' when referring to bowel movements.
In that case it should be tickety-poo, eh?
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

It took no time at all for this thread to head down the drain. :laugh

Back to the topic: What menus do you remember from your school days? Was there a favorite meal item? A loathed item?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

In elementary school and middle school, pizza was a big hit. I sorta remember the school lunch menus being posted in the local newspaper. I didn't know what tacos were until we had them for lunch. Been a fan ever since 8-)

High school, our school mascot was the Warrior, a reference to native Americans. (I think they did away with this recently). We had the option of buying a Warrior lunch which was much more food than normal. I think I splurged on this maybe once a week.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!