Insomnia

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Insomnia

Post by Szdfan »

I woke up at around 2:30 this morning. Been having weird dreams as I work through some stuff. So I just laid there.

I didn't think I fell asleep, but I must have, because my alarm woke me.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

When I am really tense with all that is happening with my son- or when my husband had his accident and can't sleep and my thoughts are haywire and keeping me awake I review scripture I've memorized, sing- to myself- songs or hymns and/or pray. Usually it eventually helps and like you I know I must have slept because suddenly it is time to get up.
2 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Monday nights are strange as I don't sleep all that well. Simply cannot shut my mind off. Its like daydreaming with my eyes shut. Best way I can describe it. Weird.

I've been training for an athletic event and upped my game in the last few weeks. I go to bed exhausted and trashed and it still happens. Always on a Monday night.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Wife

So this is a month later than you probably needed it, but I really liked listening to psalm 119 or one of SingtheKJV’s other psalms when I have trouble. Also, if it’s a constant problem, although this might not help as much for waking up in the middle of the night, you could do Benadryl or Atarax. Atarax needs a prescription, but it’s a lot mellower than Benadryl, and supposedly not addictive. it’s also an antihistamine.

I actually read the Bible right before bed or if I wake up in the middle of the night. I use my phone on dark mode with the e-Sword screen black, which probably isn’t as good as using a physical Bible, but it gets my mind off of whatever I might be thinking about and helps me to relax. i’ve also thought to pray for people during the times I can’t sleep, and it might help to make sure you don’t drink a lot of liquid before bed. Checking for sleep apnea would probably help too, although I don’t know specifically all the reasons you wouldn’t be falling back asleep. i’ll have to remember to pray for you next time I can’t sleep. ;)
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat