Frustrations with mail-order nurseries!

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Frustrations with mail-order nurseries!

Post by steve-in-kville »

Long story short, back in mid-March, I ordered a few plants by mail... some climbing roses and some raspberry plants. I wasn't in a hurry, so I just mailed it in. After a month I would have thought I should have this stuff by now. Nope.

I called three weeks in a row, every thursday/friday, wondering whats going on. Same answer: They'll ship out early next week, you'll have 'em by weeks end. This last time I called, I explained my frustration over this. The lady was really nice and explained that what they are told to say.

Whatever.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Re: Frustrations with mail-order nurseries!

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Simmons Farms has done great for me. Simmons replaces, willingly, anything not doing well. I Had 2 out of 20 blackberry plants not doing well and they sent TEN free ones and told me to let them know if I needed any more replaced.

Some people like Nourse Farms and Stark Bros.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Frustrations with mail-order nurseries!

Post by steve-in-kville »

I've mail ordered and/or web ordered seeds and plants from a lot of places in the past few years. I even bought stuff on ebay with great success. This is the first time I had a problem. I'm hoping its just a glitch.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!