Heute

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Heute

Post by Josh »

Today I'm dog sitting. One of the dogs decided to vomit everywhere, so I spent about a half hour worried she was sick.

I'm not really a "dog person" but they've grown on me after watching them for 2½ weeks. On the other hand, whilst I appreciate that they like having me around, I wish they would express this in some way besides soiling the living room carpet when my back is turned if I take 5 minutes to go outside and talk to some visitors.
0 x
Admiral Acbon
Affiliation: BMA

Re: Heute

Post by Admiral Acbon »

This sounds familiar. I've dog-sat for my brother and his wife numerous times. One big lazy dog that sleeps and looks pretty, one big hyper dog that chews stuff up, and two little blurs that like to wet and soil the carpet of the master bedroom they get tossed in while the big ones are taken outside for potty.
0 x
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Josh

Post by Josh »

My three weeks spent dog-sitting are done. I spent the three weeks focusing on some computer related things I wanted to learn. I didn't focus as much as I wanted, but I did get a lot done. Having three weeks by yourself in a house will help with that!

MD went down right at the beginning, which probably actually helped me focus a bit more.

I'm glad to be back home around my friends & home church.
0 x
Josh

Autumn is here.

Post by Josh »

It's been very warm (73° F / 23° C) lately - including on the 1st of November! But the leaves are starting to turn.

Here is one of the trees in our front yard.

0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Here's one in the back yard.

0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Here is a bush that turns red in autumn. I'm not sure what kind it is.

0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

And here is an unexpected visitor who showed up on some trail cams we have out in our woods.

My boss set up the cameras and showed me the picture and told me sometimes you have to take things by the horns... I thought he was pulling a prank at first!
0 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Beautiful trees. We've been so warm and dry here that it seems we will be going mostly from green to brown. We do have some pretty trees on our property, though.

It was dry until today. Had a 20% chance of rain and we got a deluge :roll: There goes my plans for tilling/ soil prep for the weekend. Maybe next week..

I like the name of this thread... One of maybe 10 times I've been able to use my German :rofl:
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Josh

Post by Josh »

I found myself dog-sitting and house-sitting in the exact same situation as when I started this thread. Much has changed since then. Probably most miraculously, one of the dog-owners was someone I was not at peace with, and now both that owner and I have a good relationship with each other and peace with one another.

The big lazy dog is still big and lazy and likes to sleep and gets sad when his owners are gone.

Watching someone's dogs ended up being the best way I could serve that person, and particularly in a less-personally-interactive way that really meant a lot to that person. So I'm very grateful that feeding a dog and taking him for walks ended up resulting in peace and reconciliation with someone in my life.
0 x