“Thank God for people like you.”

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

“Thank God for people like you.”

Post by temporal1 »

“Strangers Band Together to Help Save Unconscious Driver” / 2 min.

i wept as i viewed. tears of gratitude. 🦋

not because i find this unusual, because i find it often.
i meet people like this all the time.
not in big public moments like this, but kindness spontaneously offered in small ways, all the time. of all ages. [ALL ages.]

A recent small moment:
temporal1 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:26 am A few days ago ..
It was WINDY. i left a grocer with a few plastic bags, one was VERY light, holding 2 bags of popcorn.
There was no immediate traffic, but there could have been, a burst of wind grabbed the bag and off it flew!

A young couple spotted my dilemma, the young man lept to the rescue, retrieving both bags of popcorn, as we watched the store bag rocket-off into the distance! :shock: :lol: i felt a bit defeated, i’m careful not to litter, esp not to let those plastic bags get away.

So there we stood in lol laughter together for a moment. He was a skinny young guy, arms covered in tattoos, i’m not sure of his friend’s/wife’s appearance, she was close by, we all had a hearty laugh. Together. It was so sweet.

If not for that gust of wind, we would not have noticed each other. As it is, days later, i’m still smiling about it. :D

There are so many genuinely nice, helpful, respectful people in the world. :wave:
2 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: “Thank God for people like you.”

Post by Sudsy »

temporal1 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:56 am “Strangers Band Together to Help Save Unconscious Driver” / 2 min.

i wept as i viewed. tears of gratitude. 🦋

not because i find this unusual, because i find it often.
i meet people like this all the time.
not in big public moments like this, but kindness spontaneously offered in small ways, all the time. of all ages. [ALL ages.]

A recent small moment:
temporal1 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:26 am A few days ago ..
It was WINDY. i left a grocer with a few plastic bags, one was VERY light, holding 2 bags of popcorn.
There was no immediate traffic, but there could have been, a burst of wind grabbed the bag and off it flew!

A young couple spotted my dilemma, the young man lept to the rescue, retrieving both bags of popcorn, as we watched the store bag rocket-off into the distance! :shock: :lol: i felt a bit defeated, i’m careful not to litter, esp not to let those plastic bags get away.

So there we stood in lol laughter together for a moment. He was a skinny young guy, arms covered in tattoos, i’m not sure of his friend’s/wife’s appearance, she was close by, we all had a hearty laugh. Together. It was so sweet.

If not for that gust of wind, we would not have noticed each other. As it is, days later, i’m still smiling about it. :D

There are so many genuinely nice, helpful, respectful people in the world. :wave:
Yes, there are. To me, this is a good argument against 'total depravity' if it means that man, as a sinner, in not capable of doing good. However, these good acts won't save us and so although they are worth noting, those who are trusting in them for their salvation are still lost and need to hear and believe the Gospel message. Some of the finest people I know outshine most Christians with their good deeds and acts of kindness yet reject the Gospel. So sad. :(
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit