Amish stores / Amish products / or Menno Products?

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Amish stores / Amish products / or Menno Products?

Post by Josh »

Chris wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:52 pm
Ken wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:47 pm There is also a big difference between stores selling Amish-made products often mostly to tourists. Especially Amish furniture and woodworking stores.

And stores run by Amish that sell to Amish, which mostly sell practical simple housewares and goods that aren't Amish-made at all. Textiles, canning and cooking supplies, hand tools, garden tools, etc. Much of it probably from China.
Yeah looking for the good rock solid super high quality stuff. Immergood ice cream makers is a good example. Nothing specific just great stores with great products. I'm specifically not wanting China made.
I suppose you could take a "pilgrimage" to Ohio or PA and buy stuff at local stores. They tend to carry locally-made brands, although not that much stuff exists.

If you go to an outpost like Muddy Pond TN you can find locally made leather goods for sale. I've been very slowly compiling a list of such outlets and places; I'm surprised nobody else has done it already.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Amish stores / Amish products / or Menno Products?

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote:
Somebody wrote:Add a couple of radish seeds to her lettuce seeds.
Growing things is so much fun, especially when the children can grow something for themselves.

Berlin Seeds has a pack of mixed seeds for the children. They can buy it and grow it and send in a note telling about it. They pick two winners. Its for the 12 and under crowd. Our children enjoyed planting and growing the seeds.
good idea. :D
i’ll call for a catalogue.
i found this contact info:
Berlin Seeds: [Ohio]
(330) 893-2091
1-877-464-0892

– One of the Midwest’s Biggest Retail Seed Companies
– Offering many varieties grown by Plain Community People
– Both Hybrid and Heirloom varieties available, along with many unique and hard to find gardening supplies
– Call 1-877-464-0892 for a free catalog

If interested, there are publishers.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN