Speicher Health Products... any experience, info?

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Speicher Health Products... any experience, info?

Post by Jazman »

I work in marketing and one of our vendors is the PCBE (Plain Communities Business Exchange) I was glancing through the latest and and 1 pg, printed both sides mini 'catalog'/order form for Speicher's Heath Products, Harrisonburg VA, fell out. I don't have the time right now to go into great detail about the products... but hmmm, eye-brow raising, concerned wrinkled brow - all around. I also google-mapped the address given and again... hmmm.
Just wondering if the community here has any info before I go back to digging.
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: Speicher Health Products... any experience, info?

Post by mike »

0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

http://speicherhealthproducts.com/speic ... roduc.html
At least they have their legally required disclaimers at the top. "No Guarantees, but certainly worth a try." and "All health claims are medically unproven".
And then they say this: "If you eat bacon or ham, 100% certain you need this!" and 'I can see everything without Glasses.'

This stuff always reminds me of the snake oil salesmen from Mark Twains stories.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

That web site looks like someone's Geocities web site from about 1994.

They did manage to get themselves captured in person by the Google Streetview photo car. Not very plain looking bunch: https://goo.gl/maps/VR1n3XWZU5rqnHk88
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Sunbeam
Affiliation:

Post by Sunbeam »

Ken wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:05 pm That web site looks like someone's Geocities web site from about 1994.

They did manage to get themselves captured in person by the Google Streetview photo car. Not very plain looking bunch: https://goo.gl/maps/VR1n3XWZU5rqnHk88
But do they look healthy??
😅
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Ken wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:05 pm That web site looks like someone's Geocities web site from about 1994.

We didn't have internet until the very late 90's, but yet I somehow know what you mean :mrgreen:

This reminds me of the colon cleanse material my MIL used to get.... we all have 40 pounds of undigested red meat built up in our intestines that only *this* exclusive product can flush out 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Jazman

Post by Jazman »

Ha, you did what I did with the address given on the order form... that google streetview reveals something almost diametrically opposite of what their flyer/order form conveyed... Part of me wants to be surprised that an outfit like this could even operate... but in this day and age I'm sadly not surprised. If I lived near this address, I'd really be tempted to try to meet them in person and find out what they really are, behind the business charade. Do their family/friends know they live off conning real plain people? (If this google streetview is actually revealing the people behind this stuff)
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
Jazman

Post by Jazman »

Yep, I believe that is it.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

This reminded me of the Sam Girod case. Depending on when the sentence started, his 6-year maximum should be up in a year or two. It is interesting how the little warning labels make the difference between a profitable business and a prison sentence.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Jazman wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:55 am

Ha, you did what I did with the address given on the order form... that google streetview reveals something almost diametrically opposite of what their flyer/order form conveyed... Part of me wants to be surprised that an outfit like this could even operate... but in this day and age I'm sadly not surprised. If I lived near this address, I'd really be tempted to try to meet them in person and find out what they really are, behind the business charade. Do their family/friends know they live off conning real plain people? (If this google streetview is actually revealing the people behind this stuff)
My bet is that they have plain background.
1 x