Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by MaxPC »

Our youngest grandchildren had their own table at the farmers market on Friday and Saturday. We sat with them so their parents could finish up their field chores. They had grown a patch of pumpkins this summer and sold 19 of them for $5/each. They also sold eggs from the chickens. Their young faces were beaming with their success :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Today is a welcome "day off". We're heading into the next town to see the sights and have a lunch at a "mom & pop" diner. I hear they have some of the best fried chicken around. I think I'll have to test that. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:Today is a welcome "day off". We're heading into the next town to see the sights and have a lunch at a "mom & pop" diner. I hear they have some of the best fried chicken around. I think I'll have to test that. :lol:
A day off for me is the rare opportunity to stay home and try to do things here on the "homestead". Today is one of those days where I will be indoors all day, preparing for Bible study tonight. These are my happy times.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

I am wondering why all the threads are locked? This seems to be the only thread that I can reply to. Any ideas Max?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote:I am wondering why all the threads are locked? This seems to be the only thread that I can reply to. Any ideas Max?
Robert must be playing on the internet again. :mrgreen:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:
gcdonner wrote:I am wondering why all the threads are locked? This seems to be the only thread that I can reply to. Any ideas Max?
Robert must be playing on the internet again. :mrgreen:
It was a momentary glitch that fixed itself, thankfully.
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Today is a welcome "day off". We're heading into the next town to see the sights and have a lunch at a "mom & pop" diner. I hear they have some of the best fried chicken around. I think I'll have to test that. :lol:
A day off for me is the rare opportunity to stay home and try to do things here on the "homestead". Today is one of those days where I will be indoors all day, preparing for Bible study tonight. These are my happy times.
Hope your Bible study goes well. I like a good group Bible study.

Glad too that the glitch is gone. :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

The fried chicken was indeed good: for restaurant fried chicken. My wife's fried chicken is still champion though. She says she marinates hers in buttermilk and spices overnight. I didn't know that but whatever she does is outstanding.

George, how did the Bible study go? What was the topic?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:The fried chicken was indeed good: for restaurant fried chicken. My wife's fried chicken is still champion though. She says she marinates hers in buttermilk and spices overnight. I didn't know that but whatever she does is outstanding.

George, how did the Bible study go? What was the topic?
Our bible study has been going very well. I am teaching on the work of the Holy Spirit. I always start a study like this with the Fruit of the Spirit. We have gone through the gifts of the Spirit, how they apply, how they operate and then last night concluded the purposes of the gifts of the Spirit: evangelization, edification, & glorification. Next week, Lord willing, we will begin to look at the gifts of Spirit filled men to the church, ie the five fold ministry recorded in Ephesians 4. We have quite a mix of folks attending, including a 7th Day Baptist pastor!
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote: Our bible study has been going very well. I am teaching on the work of the Holy Spirit. I always start a study like this with the Fruit of the Spirit. We have gone through the gifts of the Spirit, how they apply, how they operate and then last night concluded the purposes of the gifts of the Spirit: evangelization, edification, & glorification. Next week, Lord willing, we will begin to look at the gifts of Spirit filled men to the church, ie the five fold ministry recorded in Ephesians 4. We have quite a mix of folks attending, including a 7th Day Baptist pastor!
A 7th Day Baptist????? That's a new one to me. Are they Baptismal Adventists? Adventitious Baptists???? Do they only baptize on Saturdays????

It sounds like a fantastic study. I've always enjoyed the studies themed on the Holy Spirit: the gifts, the fruits, the cardinal, theological/heavenly virtues, etc. I've always felt this kind of study is an excellent follow-through on baptism (no I'm not opening that baptism can of worms again :lol: ).
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)