Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by MaxPC »

Will be driving another load of food and water supplies to Gatlinburg shortly. The fires are still smoldering even after all that rain but at least they aren't raging out of control.

We have church tomorrow night. Hopefully I won't be too tired for it. 80 is not for sissies. :lol: :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote:Will be driving another load of food and water supplies to Gatlinburg shortly. The fires are still smoldering even after all that rain but at least they aren't raging out of control.
I'll be driving through that area in about two weeks - it's on my way to my mother's house.

Who is providing the supplies and organizing the logistics? What kind of truck are you driving? Where do you bring the supplies to, and who takes it from there?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Arrived home an hour ago. It's a long day but worth it to help out.

Residents and business owners were allowed back into Gatlinburg but they aren't admitting the public. Supplies are dropped off at a few churches and the Red Cross command post. I'm sure the Red Cross and the Chamber of Commerce can provide more info regarding donations.

They hope to allow the public back into the town on Friday but some want to delay it. Please keep these folks in prayer. Thanks :hug:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Those long drives remind me of my age; am stiff this morning. Being long in the tooth is a constant reminder of how much I can do and how often I must rest. My wife just smiles that smile when I grunt to get up or down: all husbands know that "knowing" smile. :lol:

Church tonight. I think I'll take a nap today before I go. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

MN has some excellent CA posts on spiritual matters lately. Edifying :up:

I think I'll spend my free time today reading the PDFs of the Anabaptist Vision periodical. :dance:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Drizzling rain outside for which we're thankful. The Gatlinburg forest fires are more than 95% contained thanks to God sending rain.

A lot of Christmas activities upcoming with our grandchildren so if I'm not around much you'll know why :lol:

Blessing and graces for you all.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Heading out to refill our LP tank. The LP fuels our furnace, our stove and our 6 gallon hot water heater. It's essential.

Refilling our tank means I have to disconnect the multiple shorelines for electric, water and sewer. That's done and my wife and I will get a burger on the way back to the campground.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

When we returned to the campground Wednesday, I started to reconnect the water, electrical and sewer shore lines.

I couldn't find my pliers.

I searched in the tool chest; in the storage under the bed. Nothing.

DW searched outside and found them where I'd left them: on a stump near the water faucets. :roll:

Thank you, Dear.

After reconnecting the shore lines, I pulled out my bright orange tape and wrapped the upper part of the handles so they're more visible. As the youngsters say: DUH! :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i began wrapping neon pink duct tape around handles of tools many moons ago.
it helps!
it also helps borrowers recall where to return them! :P
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote:i began wrapping neon pink duct tape around handles of tools many moons ago.
it helps!
it also helps borrowers recall where to return them! :P
:laugh

Drizzling today. Amazingly there's still some small spots of smoke over at Gatlinburg. They're saying its 99% contained.

Today's agenda is to help gather fresh evergreens for the children.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)