Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by MaxPC »

I've met a man who said that the below passage will be faked with a laser light show. Personally, I think at the very end that there will be those who will deny God.
[bible]Matthew 26,64[/bible]

We're taking a "town" day. Heading out to get basic supplies such as tp and detergent; man cannot live by bread alone :mrgreen:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:I've met a man who said that the below passage will be faked with a laser light show. Personally, I think at the very end that there will be those who will deny God.

We're taking a "town" day. Heading out to get basic supplies such as tp and detergent; man cannot live by bread alone :mrgreen:
You can't fake what has already taken place, can you? He demonstrated his divine power in the destruction of the Old Covenant system with all of it's natural/national "monuments". Seems that God beat the folks in the Carolinas by many centuries. His served a much greater purpose, in demonstrating the authority and legitimacy of his Son as Messiah.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote:
MaxPC wrote:I've met a man who said that the below passage will be faked with a laser light show. Personally, I think at the very end that there will be those who will deny God.

You can't fake what has already taken place, can you? He demonstrated his divine power in the destruction of the Old Covenant system with all of it's natural/national "monuments". Seems that God beat the folks in the Carolinas by many centuries. His served a much greater purpose, in demonstrating the authority and legitimacy of his Son as Messiah.
Yep, sure enough :hug:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Yesterday I was amazed at the amount of tourist traffic still in town from the eclipse. People must be doing their summer vacation at the same time.

Everything is planted at the farm for now. Next up will be going to the orchards for fruit to can. At the risk of sounding chauvinist that's the women's job :mrgreen:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Catholic groups/charities have sent in their rapid response teams to the flooded areas of Texas. The situation is very dire there. On our end our parishes are rounding up medical supplies, fresh water and food for the victims.

Here's an interesting article on one of the lesser known dangers of flooding in the South. The RRTs are also carrying dish soap with them because of this.
https://www.wired.com/story/why-those-f ... h-bad-news
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:Catholic groups/charities have sent in their rapid response teams to the flooded areas of Texas. The situation is very dire there. On our end our parishes are rounding up medical supplies, fresh water and food for the victims.

Here's an interesting article on one of the lesser known dangers of flooding in the South. The RRTs are also carrying dish soap with them because of this.
From the sounds of it, FRESH water is the most needed thing down there right now.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Catholic groups/charities have sent in their rapid response teams to the flooded areas of Texas. The situation is very dire there. On our end our parishes are rounding up medical supplies, fresh water and food for the victims.

From the sounds of it, FRESH water is the most needed thing down there right now.
I've been communicating with the Red Cross members and some National Guard members at the parish we attend. They have a steady supply of fresh water coming in but the greatest need at the moment is boats and rescue personnel. They're trying to rescue people in the 4th largest USA city. The mayor had told the 2.3 million residents to stay put so a huge number never evacuated.

The Texas National Guard as well as NG from other states are completely deployed to assist the police in rescue work. They've also brought in the Marine Corps, Coast Guard and Army. The lack of small boats has been hindering rescue work. People are stranded in their attics without food and water for days and they're trying to get them out. It's tragic. I'm told that the highest rainfall count is nearly 52".
Prayer is very much needed.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

such desperation.
i am praying and reading about the many efforts being made to help.
it reminds of Katrina. i believe the affected area is much bigger than Houston, as big as Houston is!

this evening i read about wild fires in Montana .. not in news! (someone posted about it in comments in a different news report.) i only read about the recent wild fires in Western Canada because of extended smoke conditions in the Pacific NW!
(Montana resident) Marcus Schnell wrote:
"Montana has been in a crisis for months no media coverage wildfires destroying homes, killing 2 young firefighters, thousands of head of cattle killed, tens of thousands of miles of fenceline lost.
People with Major health issues from the smoke. No media coverage.
I pray for the people in the gulf, but it would be nice to see the same outpour of help for the people in Montana that have had a crisis for months with no help, no support, no coverage."
the 24/7 news cycle is not efficient! lots of room for improvement.

Max, thank you for these details about Houston/area.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We haven't heard about Montana either. Terrible! We'll pray for them to be sure! Montana has a smaller population which is probably why it hasn't made the news.

I see that Bass Pro Shops have donated more than 80 Tracker boats to rescue agencies to beef up the rescue operations as well as $40,000 in supplies to help the rescuers. Team Rubicon is also on the ground as well as numerous other disaster/rescue organizations.

Addendum: I did a search and Fox is reporting on the Montana fires
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/29/wi ... e.amp.html

Are there any Anabaptist rescue groups with boats helping in Houston?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

MDS is more focused on clean up / repair. They'll be going on once the situation is stable.
0 x