Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:Don't have too much time online for the next few weeks. We've been absolutely nonstop here. The professional ethics project for academics is taking off in unexpected ways: the time is ripe it seems. My local colleague is paying for my plane ticket so that we can both fly out to a real time meeting together next week. I had better wear my best suspenders and get a haircut. :lol:
Which hair are you going to get cut? I usually alternate from one cutting to the next...
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

gcdonner wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Don't have too much time online for the next few weeks. We've been absolutely nonstop here. The professional ethics project for academics is taking off in unexpected ways: the time is ripe it seems. My local colleague is paying for my plane ticket so that we can both fly out to a real time meeting together next week. I had better wear my best suspenders and get a haircut. :lol:
Which hair are you going to get cut? I usually alternate from one cutting to the next...
Nose, ears, head? Yeah, me too.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

:laugh :rofl:
Thank you both for that laugh. When it comes to haircuts, the barber trims the sides and ears then uses my eyebrows as a comb-over :mrgreen:
I don't let anyone near my nostrils with a sharp instrument :shock:
silentreader wrote:
gcdonner wrote:
Nose, ears, head? Yeah, me too.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We had a good time at the One Big Birthday Party for the family. The children grow so quickly. Times with family are precious.

The first signs of Fall weather are here. The temperatures are slightly cooler and the sun is less intense. I hear Yellowstone National Park had snow last week. After a hot summer like we've had I'm tempted to go roll in it. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We've been helping the children plant for Fall crops of collards and other brassicas. I'm tired. More naps are in order. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

The last of the Eclipse campers pulled out this morning. The campground is quiet again. The campers were well behaved: it's just with that many in close proximity, even congenial conversations create their own hum.

We spent the previous night and the day with family. Didn't want to chance the traffic which was at a standstill: good decision. We viewed the eclipse with the cardboard and pinhole and talked about the science of the eclipse with the grands.

Our cousin made the observation that if Jesus were to come, would anyone notice?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

MaxPC wrote:The last of the Eclipse campers pulled out this morning. The campground is quiet again. The campers were well behaved: it's just with that many in close proximity, even congenial conversations create their own hum.

We spent the previous night and the day with family. Didn't want to chance the traffic which was at a standstill: good decision. We viewed the eclipse with the cardboard and pinhole and talked about the science of the eclipse with the grands.

Our cousin made the observation that if Jesus were to come, would anyone notice?
Oh yes!
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

silentreader wrote:
MaxPC wrote:The last of the Eclipse campers pulled out this morning. The campground is quiet again. The campers were well behaved: it's just with that many in close proximity, even congenial conversations create their own hum.

Oh yes!
It seems that the church hasn't for the most part, of course they were hidden away in the wilderness of Pella... The Jews sure did as did the Romans...
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

silentreader wrote:

Oh yes!
.. if young Mary were to be visited by God today, she would be counseled to abort without speaking to anyone, and, her secret abortion would be provided by strangers, paid by the state.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

Sorry you all are still missing it/him!
0 x