Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by MaxPC »

Category 5
220 mph gusts, 185 mph sustained winds.
Tied with several others for second most powerful storm.
Allen is still in 1st place with 190 mph.

The people in the path of this monster are in extreme danger. Please pray.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:In our trip planning and travels we've made a list of favorite town names. Feel free to add your own favorites.
Gackle, SD
Brush Prairie, WI
Summerland, BC
Yacolt, WA
Spearfish, SD
Screamer, AL
Unicoi, TN
Smackover, AR
Rough and Ready, CA
No Name, CO
Christmas, FL
Santa Claus, IN
Two Egg, FL
Volcano, HI
What Cheer, IA
Gas, KS
Uneedus, LA
Bugtussle, KY
Boring, MD
Pray, MT
You missed Bucksnort, TN
or
Finger, TN
or
Friendly, TN
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote:
MaxPC wrote:In our trip planning and travels we've made a list of favorite town names. Feel free to add your own favorites.
Gackle, SD
Brush Prairie, WI
Summerland, BC
Yacolt, WA
Spearfish, SD
Screamer, AL
Unicoi, TN
Smackover, AR
Rough and Ready, CA
No Name, CO
Christmas, FL
Santa Claus, IN
Two Egg, FL
Volcano, HI
What Cheer, IA
Gas, KS
Uneedus, LA
Bugtussle, KY
Boring, MD
Pray, MT
You missed Bucksnort, TN
or
Finger, TN
or
Friendly, TN
I like those.
We’ve also come across some funny road names too.
Jot Em Down
Skunked
Drunken Goat
Rough Butt
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

I think I've caught up with the forum posts for now. Early departure tomorrow and we will be traveling for a week or so. God bless you all.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

It seems life has turned yet another page. We are handing over the motor home keys to one of our children and settling in to our park model home. My wife wants to have a sewing room and a small garden again. My age tells me it’s time.

It has been a genuine pleasure conversing with you through the years. For now, we are giving up the smart phone since we no longer need it for travel. If I am able to once again get back online, I will do so. If not, then may God bless you in the roads you must travel In your faithful discipleship.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

MaxPC wrote:It seems life has turned yet another page. We are handing over the motor home keys to one of our children and settling in to our park model home. My wife wants to have a sewing room and a small garden again. My age tells me it’s time.

It has been a genuine pleasure conversing with you through the years. For now, we are giving up the smart phone since we no longer need it for travel. If I am able to once again get back online, I will do so. If not, then may God bless you in the roads you must travel In your faithful discipleship.
All the best of health to you and your wife. Unfortunately our project motor home is long finished and ready to roll, and diesel fuel is cheap, but there's nowhere to go. The trip we were planning for three years looks like it will have to be postponed because of the shutdowns.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:It seems life has turned yet another page. We are handing over the motor home keys to one of our children and settling in to our park model home. My wife wants to have a sewing room and a small garden again. My age tells me it’s time.

Can't you replace your smart phone with a tablet and still keep in touch?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

gcdonner wrote:

Did you just tell him to go home , take a pill, and you'll talk to him in the morning?
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
silentreader wrote:
gcdonner wrote:

Did you just tell him to go home , take a pill, and you'll talk to him in the morning?
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

I’m in the reopened public library today. They have some very nice computers here so I thought I’d check in for a bit and I’m enjoying once again some of great conversations here. Have missed you all.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)