Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by MaxPC »

Your prayers are working :D
We finished tearing out the affected floor and checked the sub-floor. Sub-floor is sound, no complete floor reno needed. Bullet dodged.

We made a punch-out list of the bare minimum needed. Then made a list of the "dream lavatory" supplies.

All of us piled into our truck and their van. The ladies took the lists and the children and turned it into a math lesson while son and I hung out in the tool section. When the math lesson was over, the ladies and children came up with a very reasonable alternative and the resultant costs were only $25.73 beyond the bare minimum. That extra was for a premium can of primer/paint combo in gloss for easy cleaning and a new shower curtain.

Sometimes one just has to pray and trust. Good lesson for son on family leadership tactics too. :lol:

Had a great turkey casserole for lunch and we're now getting back to work.
:dance:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:Your prayers are working :D
We finished tearing out the affected floor and checked the sub-floor. Sub-floor is sound, no complete floor reno needed. Bullet dodged.

We made a punch-out list of the bare minimum needed. Then made a list of the "dream lavatory" supplies.

All of us piled into our truck and their van. The ladies took the lists and the children and turned it into a math lesson while son and I hung out in the tool section. When the math lesson was over, the ladies and children came up with a very reasonable alternative and the resultant costs were only $25.73 beyond the bare minimum. That extra was for a premium can of primer/paint combo in gloss for easy cleaning and a new shower curtain.

Sometimes one just has to pray and trust. Good lesson for son on family leadership tactics too. :lol:

Had a great turkey casserole for lunch and we're now getting back to work.
:dance:
After lunch it's usually time for a good nap... :mrgreen:
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote: After lunch it's usually time for a good nap... :mrgreen:
:lol:
No time for it yesterday. We had to seal the new floor boards and install them once they were dry. Then the toilet was reinstalled overtop yesterday evening. With a house full of children it's a mandate to have all toilets functioning. Outhouses hold no charm for the arachnophobes in the family :lol:

Breakfast is finished. French toast and sausage with a bucket of coffee will hold me I hope. The ladies are finishing up wall-painting and I'm sanding and staining new trim. By the time the ladies are finished painting I'm hoping the trim will be dry enough to install. Then the sink needs to be reset and finis.

After all of that I finally get my nap! I hope!! :yawn:
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Awakened this morning with a spasming back muscle. My age is catching up to me. The bathroom is finished though. :lol:

The ladies are now discussing hand towel colors. :roll: Not my bailiwick. If it weren't so cold I'd go fishing. No ice on the lake so can't do ice fishing.

Instead I think I'll sit on a heating pad this morning.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Sneezings and coughings here and I'm taking plenty of naps because of it. The campground is nearly empty so I'm guessing it's because of cold temperatures and the flu season.

My wife has made huge batch of chicken soup so I know what I'll be eating for the coming week. Peanut butter sandwiches too: all comfort food. A lot of hot tea and hot chocolate will entertain me with some very good books.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:Sneezings and coughings here and I'm taking plenty of naps because of it. The campground is nearly empty so I'm guessing it's because of cold temperatures and the flu season.

My wife has made huge batch of chicken soup so I know what I'll be eating for the coming week. Peanut butter sandwiches too: all comfort food. A lot of hot tea and hot chocolate will entertain me with some very good books.
Enjoy the needed break, in spite of the flu. May God grant you a quick healing, in Jesus' name.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote: Enjoy the needed break, in spite of the flu. May God grant you a quick healing, in Jesus' name.
Thank you for the prayers. Feeling somewhat better today but by afternoon it'll be nap time again. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:
gcdonner wrote: Enjoy the needed break, in spite of the flu. May God grant you a quick healing, in Jesus' name.
Thank you for the prayers. Feeling somewhat better today but by afternoon it'll be nap time again. :lol:
I would enjoy naps every day if I could get them, sick or not. ;)
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Mouses, meeses, mice. Whatever they are called in any local dialect they are still a pill. Cold weather has them seeking the nooks and crannies in the motorhome.

Every once in awhile one will dash out of the cabinet under the sink or from the bathroom. It amazes me how they can squeeze through the tiniest of cracks in spite of my efforts each year to seal the motorhome. I have even reinforced the firewall between the cab and the engine compartment.

Makes me want to get a cat. Or borrow the dog. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:Mouses, meeses, mice. Whatever they are called in any local dialect they are still a pill. Cold weather has them seeking the nooks and crannies in the motorhome.

Every once in awhile one will dash out of the cabinet under the sink or from the bathroom. It amazes me how they can squeeze through the tiniest of cracks in spite of my efforts each year to seal the motorhome. I have even reinforced the firewall between the cab and the engine compartment.

Makes me want to get a cat. Or borrow the dog. :lol:
Cats do the best...
0 x