Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by MaxPC »

We've been helping around the childrens' farm and also helping with clean-up after severe storms. Each day leaves us tired but in a good way, as we can see productive results from our efforts.

It's quite a different kind of fatigue from that of driving long distances and doing too little moving and walking. God created our bodies to move. It's keeps them in good condition so that these 'tools' for the Lord's service can remain functional.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

The last of the Memorial Day Weekenders left this morning. Campgrounds are usually very quiet places until those holidays come round. By Friday evening there's a sudden increase in the decibels of activity.

Depending on the holiday, the campground rules and the campground management it can be fun or it can be noxious. The most tolerable sounds are of families laughing and playing. That's the type of campground we're careful to choose.

The most noxious is drunkeness coupled with loud music and fights.

Word to the wise who are considering long term tiny house or rv living: check the reputation and rules of any campground before you park there ;)
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Keeping my visit short today. The farm had some flooding from recent storms. We've been moving livestock and equipment; creating new drainage ditches and adding soil to low areas for higher elevation. I'm glad for the newer tractor with its backhoe and front end loader.

The flooding is being called a hundred year flood. There was some flooding on occasion when we had the place but it's never been this severe. The regrading is essentially done now. Hopefully short of an epic Noachian Deluge, this will solve the hundred year storms and we can stop singing "Row Your Boat".
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

The regrading is finished, we hope. We're taking a break and going fishing.
:mrgreen: :dance:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

The campground has been full every weekend. Summer is here. :lol:

So far the summer temperatures haven't been too bad for which I'm glad. It makes it easier to work outside. We still carry water with us to stay hydrated. Hope everyone else is drinking plenty of water too.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:The campground has been full every weekend. Summer is here. :lol:

So far the summer temperatures haven't been too bad for which I'm glad. It makes it easier to work outside. We still carry water with us to stay hydrated. Hope everyone else is drinking plenty of water too.
So, if I read your last comments correctly, you carry water to stay hydrated, but don't drink it and want us all to drink plenty of it. The mental picture is that you carry a swimming pool around with you just in case... :mrgreen:

Happy Summer! We are off to the East Coast in one week from now, by way of Pennsylvania!
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote:
MaxPC wrote:The campground has been full every weekend. Summer is here. :lol:

So, if I read your last comments correctly, you carry water to stay hydrated, but don't drink it and want us all to drink plenty of it. The mental picture is that you carry a swimming pool around with you just in case... :mrgreen:

Happy Summer! We are off to the East Coast in one week from now, by way of Pennsylvania!
Someone is feeling his oats :lol:

Have a restful vacation and safe travels.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote: Have a restful vacation and safe travels.
I am tired before going as I have been both working on my truck to get it ready for the trip and in the middle of rennovating our master bathroom, so I have been working overtime trying to get done. I was installing crown molding in our bathroom last night @ 10 pm... Maybe the driving will be restful for me, at least for my body anyway...
See you all in several weeks! I'm off on Tuesday morning headed for Indiana first.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Sounds like one of my days, GC. At 81 I'm still unable to slow down. Traveling mercies be with you.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:Sounds like one of my days, GC. At 81 I'm still unable to slow down. Traveling mercies be with you.
Thank you, Max. I'm a few years younger than you at 68 and happy to be able to still go.
0 x