Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by RZehr »

MaxPC wrote:Forgot to mention:
We're seeing early budding of trees. They're beautiful along with the daffodils and crocus. It's been a long time since I saw the trees bloom with the daffodils.
Nature is indeed especially awesome in the spring!
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Forgot to mention:
We're seeing early budding of trees. They're beautiful along with the daffodils and crocus. It's been a long time since I saw the trees bloom with the daffodils.
Nature is indeed especially awesome in the spring!
Abso"blooming"lutely. :D

My wife has a cold: prayers would be appreciated. Her immune system isn't as strong as mine so she's quick to catch and slow to recover. At least the view of spring blooms from the banquette has her cheered. I will probably take her for a country drive later to keep her morale upbeat.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

A trip the doctor and antibiotics have my wife feeling better.

Thank you all for the prayers :up:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Wife is feeling more like her old self again. Either that or she's tired of my cooking. LOL. I have no doubt that the Geneva Convention would ban my culinary skills as "cruel and unusual". My wife is more than patient- she's heroic to endure them.

I'll take her for a ride this afternoon to see the trees and flowers in bloom. The day is beautiful.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We had a full day at the homestead yesterday. I came back to the motorhome and took a nap :lol: Weather is doing its usual Spring flip flop of temperatures. The early field prep is finished and my old bones make me glad for that tractor.

Today we read and rest. I have another book I've started. Strangers in a Strange Land by Archbishop Chaput. This quote I spotted online tempted me into buying the book.
"Believers don’t have the luxury of despair,” ...
“Our task as Christians,” he writes, “is to be healthy cells in society. We need to work as long as we can, in whatever way we can, to nourish the good in our country and to encourage the seeds of renewal that can enliven our young people.”
His other books have been very good so I expect this one will be too.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We've been busy every day helping the children with garden and field prep ready for planting. The early fruit trees are in full on blooming mode. They're stunning, thanks be to God.
:dance:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

The yearly April storms came through last night. The motorhome is undamaged but there are a lot of heavy tree limbs down - God does Spring cleaning and pruning of the landscape. :D

There was some damage at the farm: the children called at 6:15 this morning to tell us that some of the metal roofing on the barn was peeled back. I'll stop at the metal roofing place and pick up the needed sheets on the way over there this morning. I won't be doing the climbing though, our children have decided my stiffening frame is no longer nimble enough to avoid a fall. They're right, no need for a hospital or a funeral bill. Their oldest son will help his dad with the roof and I'll stay on the ground and be the fetcher.

The next generation has come into its own. :D :clap:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We are taking a couple of days' rest from helping the children. We have doctor appointments and errands to run with naps to catch up on.

We're seeing more camping activity now that the weather is warming. There seems to be a new generation of campers or perhaps just campers with new RVs. Either way they're clearly learning how to park the thing and then deal with the hookups and the cooler nights. Fun times. :D

Soon the trucks will arrive from the hatcheries to re restock the lake and fishing will begin in earnest. I meet a lot of interesting people while fishing; it's an activity that allows for leisurely conversations on the dock or pier and it draws people from every walk of life.

Time to go to town.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We have a full campground this evening. Happy children's voices are everywhere. Our children and grandchildren have joined us for some campfire time and for visiting the visitors.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We had some of the blow hard weather that hit other states with tornados. We're praying for the victims. The storm system also brought us some flurries.

We spent the night at the homestead because of tornado watches. I helped our son put a charger on the tractor batteries to be sure it would start should we need to remove storm debris.

Two of the grandchildren gave up their beds for us and they set up a tent in the living room. Everyone had put their "bug out bag" in the basement. We played games while eating popcorn and listening to the radio for tornado warnings. Blessedly we saw only small branches littering the area, no large trees down.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)