Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:Cramped manger. :lol:
Poor camp manager?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

gcdonner wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Cramped manger. :lol:
Poor camp manager?
Taxes were too high, they couldn't afford anything else.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Tomorrow is our eldest son's birthday. He'll be 53. Every year I go in for my physical the week before his birthday to see if I'll live long enough to make it to his birthday. My labs came back good as copper (I won't say gold because after all I am 83). Speaking of which, have you seen the price of copper!!!?
:shock:

So now I'm checked for another year. The doc tells me every year to lose 20 lbs. I told him we'll split the difference and I'll try to lose 10 because I'm not giving up my wife's cooking. :lol: :dance:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:Tomorrow is our eldest son's birthday. He'll be 53. Every year I go in for my physical the week before his birthday to see if I'll live long enough to make it to his birthday. My labs came back good as copper (I won't say gold because after all I am 83). Speaking of which, have you seen the price of copper!!!?
:shock:

So now I'm checked for another year. The doc tells me every year to lose 20 lbs. I told him we'll split the difference and I'll try to lose 10 because I'm not giving up my wife's cooking. :lol: :dance:
Congratulations on all accounts except your desire to compromise your health. You can still eat your wife's cooking, just less of it is all, eh?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i do not know the price of copper, but, i read about area churches and university buildings being robbed of their copper guttering, downspouts, etc. not the first time in my life this has happened, but, it is a sorry thing to read about.

a few years ago, i was shocked to see my neighbor replacing their roof - it appeared to be copper!
a good-sized home. wow. he assured me, no, it is a metal roof, somehow, copper-colored.

i do like copper exterior fixtures. a very nice look.
i’m not sure i’d care for the worry about theft, tho.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote: Congratulations on all accounts except your desire to compromise your health. You can still eat your wife's cooking, just less of it is all, eh?
George, thank you for caring but no worries here. Doc's not too worried since my lab #s are very good. It's become a bit of a running joke these ten years past, those 20 lbs. I've known him since he was a novice doctor and he knows that I know the insurance guidelines say I'm well within the weight range. We all shrink a bit as we get older and the spine compresses. I've lost an inch in height since retiring. That contributes to my "troll pouch". I kid the doc about rigging both the stadiometer and the scales. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Called our son today to wish him a happy birthday. Our conversation started this way:
He said, "Dad, I feel so old! I'm more than half a century in years!"

"Son, how do you think I feel?" I was there when you were born."
:lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We spent a goodly part of the day yesterday helping an RVer with transportation. His rig was in the shop and he needed help getting there. We had an enjoyable chat. He was from Colorado originally and moved to Nebraska, then Texas to work for AT&T. Now retired, he and his wife full-time RV around the country. We meet all sorts of good people with a variety of backgrounds in our travels.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We'll be spending the afternoon touching up the tractor and some tools with rust converter and primer. Everything is planted except the tomatoes, okra, and other warmer weather vegetables. Now the children want to start a vermiculture sideline to sell worm castings to home gardeners. They have the space for it but the start-up costs will have to be parsed. When they started to discuss it, one of the younger grandchildren started singing the Worm Song complete with the body action. :lol:
[video][/video]
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

MaxPC wrote:We'll be spending the afternoon touching up the tractor and some tools with rust converter and primer. Everything is planted except the tomatoes, okra, and other warmer weather vegetables. Now the children want to start a vermiculture sideline to sell worm castings to home gardeners. They have the space for it but the start-up costs will have to be parsed. When they started to discuss it, one of the younger grandchildren started singing the Worm Song complete with the body action. :lol:
i have not heard that little diddy in years.
we had a highly abbreviated version, the words did not go beyond, “i think i’ll eat some worms,” no need for all the gory details! .. ours was a cappella. :mrgreen:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN