Prayer request for FIL

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Prayer request for FIL

Post by temporal1 »

.. prayers for Dean and all his loved ones. prayers for his surgeons and all responsible. prayers for no complications.
special prayers for no “hospital” type infections.

in my lifetime, medical science of heart surgeries has advanced exponentially.
i often pray for similar advances in other serious maladies, like Alzheimer’s, and some cruel aggressive cancers.

we tend to want to think that medical science has improved evenly, across the board. it hasn’t. there have been some incredible steps forward, as in heart surgery. other remedies remain in infancy.

praying many years of quality life will follow. recovery will take time and dedicated effort. there is every reason for optimism.

i witnessed my mother “defy” medical science several times with heart surgeries. it can be done. she was careful to “follow doctor’s orders,” even when she so wanted not to! my father was her encourager. when she was weak, he was strong+focused for her.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

The surgery was today. Still waiting to hear an update from my mother-in-law, but we know he'll be in the ICU for the next couple of days, which is what we expected. My wife is in Denver and will probably see my MIL tomorrow or Friday -- she's there to provide support if needed. My wife says that my MIL is handling this better than anyone else.

Thank you so much for the prayers -- I assume no news is good news.
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

SZDFAN: Sending prayers for you and yours.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

It’s been a while since I posted, so an update.

Dean’s surgery was successful, but recovery is taking longer than expected. We’re waiting for him to be discharged from the hospital and then he will go to rehab.

Thanks for the prayers.
2 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

We'll continue to pray.

My dad took early retirement to take of my mom (who of which has all kinds of health issues). Had a heart attack within a year of retirement. He still farms a little plus some real estate that needs attention.
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Szdfan wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:15 am It’s been a while since I posted, so an update.

Dean’s surgery was successful, but recovery is taking longer than expected. We’re waiting for him to be discharged from the hospital and then he will go to rehab.

Thanks for the prayers.
February 1 2022
Hopeful no news is good news. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:49 am
Szdfan wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:15 am It’s been a while since I posted, so an update.

Thanks for the prayers.
February 1 2022
Hopeful no news is good news. :)
It is…it took a lot longer to recover than anticipated. Dean was in Denver about three weeks longer than we thought he was going to be. He then spent a couple of weeks at a local nursing home and is now home and doing well. Thanks for asking.
2 x