Good things about patriarchies

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Good things about patriarchies

Post by temporal1 »

Following the lead of existing “GOOD THINGS” threads (in Politics) -
this thread is about all descriptions positives of patriarchies. :D

Hopefully, the words, “feminism” and “matriarchies” will not show up, or will be kept to a minimum.
Happily, the forum has Bunny Trails, and the Briar Patch, to take overflow.
As well, new topics can be initiated.

As 1 example of how BIASED google searches have become, a simple search for “patriarchy is great”
resulted in NUMBERS of topics schooling on how bad patriarchies are - - extoling virtues of contemporary highly politicized feminism and matriarchies.

google’s philosophy:
DON’T ASK THE WRONG QUESTIONS! ..
.. BUT IF YOU DO, DON’T FRET, YOU WILL INSTEAD RECEIVE THE LIB POLITICALLY CORRECT REQUISITE RESPONSE.
over+over+over.
Last edited by temporal1 on Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Re: Good things about patriarchies

Post by temporal1 »

To begin, i’d like to clarify a bit about “why” i could respect such an “obviously” evil construct. :)
i may add more as thoughts occur to me.

1. God designed patriarchies, based on mutual respect, not current PC primitive definition of “equality,” but with sublime+profound balance of gifts+abilities; He designed creation to work in unison for optimum outcomes. Patriarchies have historically served most of the world; they are upheld by, guided by, but not initiated by Jesus Christ.

2. As true with most things, there is nothing INHERENTLY wrong with patriarchies. ABUSE+distortion cause failures.
This opens doors to overkill to opposite extremes, not improvements, just more distortions. (Not just regarding patriarchies.)

3. He designed with inspired flexibility. Perfect wisdom allowed for realities of temporal life on earth.
Imperfect human reasoning screws up His Plan, nothing wrong with His Plan.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

When our daughter married, 15 years ago, a graduate of a big state university, i counseled her,
“In a good marriage, everyone THRIVES.”

In God’s plan, everyone thrives.

Patriarchy is not a dirty word.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

i thought of this thread after posting:
temporal1 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:42 am
Ernie wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:06 am I think the reason the main Mormon group is so large in comparison with the others is because
they run their church like an efficient corporation.
One Mormon told me, "How can you argue against us being the true church whenever we are so successful?"

Also they are successful, because they know just when to drop traditional beliefs and practices in favor of more modern ones.
When public opinion forced them to drop polygamy, they got a revelation to do so. When public opinion forced them to drop policies against blacks, they did so. In contrast the traditionalists keep on practicing polygamy because they believe that nobody is allowed to change the scriptures.
The liberals watered down their theology so much that they don't require members to believe the Book of Mormon is inspired.
If you can't trust your texts, you are going to lose anything that makes you stand out as something different.

A third reason they are so succesful is because they have a top notch missionary training program and a robust apologetics department.

Good points, Ernie. i would add a couple:
1) They value traditional families and children;
2) They are able to retain their children in their faith, in spite of gov school experience. (Something i’ve observed in my life that foreign students with non-Christian religions achieve.)

Our daughter was in school with girls from large, robust Mormon families, one of her friends was #13, they added 2 boys before their sweet mother shared with me that she thought #15 was the last. “He was harder to carry to term than the others.” i admired her and their family. Good memories.

No self-loathing, ZPG, and confusing dogs+cats as babies for them! They are in politics.

“Mormon families are America's largest, new study finds”
https://www.deseret.com/2015/5/12/20564 ... tudy-finds

(i’m not sure they included the Amish in their studies.) ^^

Ernie:
Everything you mentioned has great appeal to western/U.S. secular tastes, the love of wealthy corporations and hollywood.
Interesting how they embrace those things AND continue to value traditional family units, values, children.
Other numbers

The 2014 survey interviewed more than 650 people who identified themselves as Mormon or LDS. Again, the plus or minus for LDS data was 4.9 percentage points.

Additional findings included:

• Mormons are among the youngest Christians in America, with a median age among adults of 43, up from 41 in 2007. Only Orthodox Christians are younger, at 40.

• American Mormons are 86 percent white, but racial and ethnic diversity in the church ticked up to 15 percent from 14 percent in 2007.

• Mormons are among the most highly educated Christians, with 33 percent reporting a college degree, surpassed only by Orthodox Christians.

• In 2007, 44 percent of Mormons were men and 56 percent were women. The gap narrowed some in 2014, to 46-54, close to the Christian sample (45-55) and the overall sample (48-52). Non-Christian faiths reported more men (54-46) as did unaffiliated "nones" (57-43).

• Mormons are concentrated in the West (67 percent). In fact, 5 percent of Westerners identify as Latter-day Saints or Mormons.

i know almost nothing about Mormons. i’ve read/paid more attention after learning of some family ancestry with the earliest Mormons and their migration out of the U.S. to (the then Mexican Territory) of Utah. As Ernie describes, much has changed since their early days, when they were hated and fairly run out of Illinois/the U.S.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Falco Underhill
Affiliation: Hermit

Post by Falco Underhill »

I think we men are only tolerated in society so you's can have someone around to open the ketchup bottles. 8-)
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Falco Underhill wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:25 am I think we men are only tolerated in society so you's can have someone around to open the ketchup bottles. 8-)
i’ve had ‘way too much time to think over “what is missed” without the beloved men in our family.
we get along, God provides! but the richness of their leadership, and all the many roles they played, cannot be substituted.

this is true in the loss of any family member, even the tiniest, newest member!
each role is unique, each holds a place that can be survived - not replaced.

God’s design is powerful. part of His genius is allowing for our unwanted adaptations. His way.

funny how none of us knows exactly how life would be for our loved ones, once we are gone. we try to prepare. we have hopes. but the reality cannot be known ahead of time.

the greatest gift that can be left behind is that of faith. the most valuable tool for their lives ahead. more valuable than money or any earthly riches. or opening ketchup bottles. or replacing toilet tank levers. :P
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Those who rail against “patriarchies” are arguing with their Creator and nature itself; scratch beneath the surface of anyone against “the patriarchy” and you’ll find someone who has rejected both their Heavenly Father and also His Son.
2 x
Falco Underhill
Affiliation: Hermit

Post by Falco Underhill »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:45 am
Falco Underhill wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:25 am I think we men are only tolerated in society so you's can have someone around to open the ketchup bottles. 8-)
i’ve had ‘way too much time to think over “what is missed” without the beloved men in our family.
we get along, God provides! but the richness of their leadership, and all the many roles they played, cannot be substituted.

God’s design is powerful. part of His genius is allowing for our unwanted adaptations. His way.

funny how none of us knows exactly how life would be for our loved ones, once we are gone. we try to prepare. we have hopes. but the reality cannot be known ahead of time.

the greatest gift that can be left behind is that of faith. the most valuable tool for their lives ahead. more valuable than money or any earthly riches. or opening ketchup bottles. or replacing toilet tank levers. :P
It reminds me of the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life." :P
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Falco Underhill wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:55 pm
temporal1 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:45 am

It reminds me of the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life." :P
Not a bad comparison.
i’ve viewed that movie a few times in my life. it’s hollywood, dramatic, but the theme resonates.
i didn’t realize this was an anniversary year: 75 years

i saw life change fairly drastically after my grandfather died suddenly when i was 10. “in a million small pieces” life changed,
even tho he left 9 married adult children, lots of grandchildren, so MANY of us! it struck me how 1 loss could change so many, so deeply. but it did. decades later, if i mention it to a cousin, or anyone affected, they just sigh and agree.

life goes on. that’s God’s design. but not the same.

on this forum, as i read, i sometimes wonder, “do you have any idea how important you are to your family?”
it’s easy to be busy and preoccupied and just not think about it.

in the world, i grieve a lot. esp reading about single parent homes, and, also, men in prisons.
i want to ask them: “DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW IMPORTANT YOU ARE?!” “HOW MUCH YOU ARE NEEDED?!”

it’s upsetting to know how our culture, our government, plays into this awful waste of manhood.
at this time, “patriachy” has become a non-PC dirty word. that’s a terrible place to be. as Josh says above, a wrong place.

i want to repeat.
abuse of power is NOT patriarchy. just as sin is NOT Christianity.
abuse and sin and crimes cause problems. this should not be confused. too much at stake.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

A new related thread:

Headship Series (youtube videos) / Spoken Word
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4892
0 x

UNKNOWN