Prayer thread for Valerie and Neil

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Prayer thread for Valerie and Neil

Post by Bootstrap »

Valerie posted this a few days ago.
Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:55 am So Neil is in the hospital, and only God knows the outcome of this- we trust the Lord completely, God has bought me all through worse things before life-threatening, but if he chooses that this is his appointed time we still trust the Lord.
Neil is still in the hospital, on oxygen, and his oxygen levels are fine. He is having some confusion.

Valerie and I have been PMing, she said she would appreciate it if I start a prayer thread. Obviously, this is a tough time for both of them, they can use our prayer.

Request: This thread is only for prayer, support, and updates. Please don't clutter it up with any kind of debate.
3 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Re: Prayer thread for Valerie and Neil

Post by QuietlyListening »

Praying for them both. May you both know the Lord's presence enveloping you and may you be filled with His peace.
2 x
violet
Affiliation:

Post by violet »

continued prayers for both you and Neil. :hug:
2 x
danfreed
Affiliation: MtValleyMenno/Faith

Post by danfreed »

Prayers from Thessalonians...
"Now may the Lord of peace himself give [Neil and Valerie] peace at all times and in every way."
2 Thes 3:16
2 x
My spiritual perspectives are Jesus-centered, evangelical anabaptist, New Testament Bible based...
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Valerie and Neil -- I feel sorrow over the ordeal you are experiencing. May Neil recover. May the both of you experience God's love during this time.

--Jeremy
2 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Post by haithabu »

Still praying as well.
2 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Father, please touch Neil's body and heal him in Jesus' name according to your power, will and wisdom. Bring peace to Valerie to know your presence in a very special way right now and You walk hand in hand with her through the valley of the SHADOW of death. Speak life into their situation as only You can, Father, in Jesus' name. AMEN
2 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I sometimes like to visualize Aaron's ephod when I pray, the ephod that had the names of Israel on it, bearing them up before God's presence. I am praying that way for Valerie and Neil.
2 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Thank you all, your words and prayers meant more than you can imagine. God has given me strengthened peace as he does when we face difficult trials and tests of our faith but that can be a battle as we all know in our journey of faith.

This morning Neil seemed pretty good although he's very weak. His oxygen has improved and when I arrived this evening they were about to move him to a step down unit but he was throwing a fit trying to pull his IVs out and his oxygen out of his nose. He was very agitated and anxious. Thankfully I was able to explain to them this is exactly how he was 16 years ago when he was life flighted and had a stroke and sepsis and was in a coma. When he came out of his coma he was the same way where he was trying to leave and trying to pull things off.

We were able to calm him down and I prayed over him and saying in his ear and when I left he was falling asleep but they had also given him a sedative. He really needs to remain calm and so that they can move him to the step down unit where they won't have so much hooked up to him all those things are requirement for anyone in ICU and they only moved him to ICU because he wouldn't leave his oxygen alone 😟.

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous one available much, James 5:16, so thankful for the intercessors and we completely trust God for the outcome of this, thank you all.

This is a thread/topic Our Heavenly Father must surely be blessed to see.

Valerie
Last edited by Valerie on Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

I just wanted to share something interesting. At least to me. Yesterday was my day off and after I left the hospital I went to Holmes county in hopes to find one of the doctors the Amish youth because I knew they were getting treatments for covid that was keeping them out of the hospital, granted some were hospitalized but at least they were able to get the treatments.

I stopped for a bite to eat and much needed coffee. Across the room was a table with several Amish eating. All at once I kept hearing the word covid, then I heard the word nebulizer, then I heard the word Israel- yes I was trying to eavesdrop at that point since this was why I was down there.

I wanted to talk to the Amish man that seemed to be talking a lot about the covid. I didn't have the nerve to approach their table I finished eating and left and they all came out after me too.

I decided to approach them and mention I couldn't help it over here that he was discussing covid. Explain my husband with was in ICU with covid pneumonia.

It turns out that Amish man serves on the hospital board in the area! Do you find that unusual? He was concerned about the remdesevere that they're treatin Neill with. He said it can cause kidney damage. Neil only has one kidney! He gave me some good advice, I just don't know how to approach some of that good advice but I did find it interesting for an Amish man to be that involved in that kind of work.

While we were talking another Amish man came up and thanked him for the talk that he gave where several speakers were. Apparently it was about servanthood. It made me feel good when the Amish man told me I was meant to be there because I just happened to run into one that could guide me a little bit.

God is so good!
6 x