Poll: Were you planned?

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.

Were you planned?

Total votes: 0

temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Poll: Were you planned?

Post by temporal1 »

3. I was not planned by my bio parents, but wanted. :)

Growing up, i listened to various stories about how i surprised “everyone,” and how i changed things, without knowing or trying.
In the world i was born into, marriage was profoundly important for the privilege of physical intimacy, which was widely recognized as the source of conception, planned or not. Marriage provided the basic structure to provide for dependents, wife+children, whatever number.

Life wasn’t nearly so much about what anyone “wanted.” :)
Life was what unfolded through the privilege of living. i suppose, before free/cheap birth control pills, FEW of us were “planned+wanted” as typical definitions today would be. Pregnancies were what happened in marriage, ready, willing - or not.

My mother often spoke of various very unwanted pregnancies, that later turned out to be the blessings of lifetimes!
Of unwilling parents who learned to be loving devoted parents. Of course, there was misery. Life can be hard.

Life was valued, even when hard times were very hard. “Always room for one more at the table,” meant, everyone, not just the already born.

This might be an interesting poll. We’ll see. :mrgreen:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: Poll: Were you planned?

Post by Neto »

Planned by God, but planned by my parents? How would I know that?
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

The subject never came up with my parents so I don't know.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Neto wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:14 pm Planned by God, but planned by my parents? How would I know that?

Yes. On this forum, i’m taking it for granted the common belief we are all God’s plan and creation. :D

Contemporary thinking, esp since free+cheap contraception+abortion, is highly focused on the wants+plans of ourselves. :-|
i have a hunch, post-Texas, that’s about to get much worse now. i hope not.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4128

i agree, many might not have any idea if they were planned or wanted.
i happen to know only because of stories of the surprise i was, and different plans changed because of my arrival.
i deduced i was not planned. :shock:

including some grumpiness from older siblings, who had to make some adjustments to accomodate me. :oops:
happily, 2 more surprises followed me, so, i didn’t have to take all the blame.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN