Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Today ...

Post by temporal1 »

cold-ish, sunny, clear here. :D

today .. bone density test.
i’ve had one before. was told i have pre-osteoporosis. i take calcium.
i’m hoping it’s stable. no symptoms or signs going on. hopeful!
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Taking possibility the biggest test I've ever had. If I do really well I'll be set with my program for the next to years. If I do okay, my chances are pretty slim. :shock:

The average for this test is 60-80. I need an 81 and above to have a decent shot at the program.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Soloist wrote:Taking possibility the biggest test I've ever had. If I do really well I'll be set with my program for the next to years. If I do okay, my chances are pretty slim. :shock:

The average for this test is 60-80. I need an 81 and above to have a decent shot at the program.
So does that mean you will only be part of the quartet and not a soloist anymore?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

gcdonner wrote: So does that mean you will only be part of the quartet and not a soloist anymore?
Yup the non-singing quartet.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Today my dogs tried the non-resistance thing. A large, mean-looking, unleashed dog came running at us in the woods, shouting insults. Well, I admit my dogs weren't exactly blessing him as their enemy, either. But my dogs were still enough to sniff noses with him. However, after their conciliatory act, HE threw the first punch. So then it was a heathen free-for-all, with me in danger of being jerked to the ground by the leashes wound around me, until the other two dogs' owner came running up and managed to pull her terrorist off my canines. :) She apologized and asked if mine were hurt. Nope, nor hers. We walked away the best of, er, acquaintances. I'm embarrassed to admit that down the trail a ways, I caught mine grinning and high-fiving each other.

Actually, I was just grateful that none of the two pairs of dogs nor us two humans were injured!
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Today .. quiet MN. everyone must be marching. :P
woke up to SNOW this morning! - the weather has been cool, but mild, it hasn’t “felt like” snow -
but, we have several inches. beautiful.

even more beautiful that i believe it will melt soon. i’m not going to shovel this time.
just stay in and wait it out.
0 x

UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:Today .. quiet MN. everyone must be marching. :P
woke up to SNOW this morning! - the weather has been cool, but mild, it hasn’t “felt like” snow -

even more beautiful that i believe it will melt soon. i’m not going to shovel this time.
Well, we had varying storm warnings of up to 10" of snow, but when we woke this morning, the ground was still bare and dry. Grateful in MN.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote:
temporal1 wrote:Today .. quiet MN. everyone must be marching. :P

Well, we had varying storm warnings of up to 10" of snow, but when we woke this morning, the ground was still bare and dry. Grateful in MN.
it continued to snow. i may have to shovel. i will make every effort not to. :lol:

saw pretty birds today. a small chickadee, a bright cardinal, a robin redbreast, a big blue-grey crane .. maybe sandhill? i need to look it up. against the black+white landscape, their colors stood out so beautifully.

a few years ago, a pair of cranes were nesting “across the way.” i guess my neighbors did not want them, they removed the nest, have done everything to make that spot unattractive .. but, each year, that pair, or another (i do not check their gov issued photo ID) - return to that same spot, trying to find a way to nest there. it’s been several years now.

i’m not sure why the neighbors were so against the pair. their yard is pretty big. i do not think these are protected birds. they probably are messy. and, they might become territorial and aggressive. i’m not sure. they are beautiful from my window.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

We got snow too.
No eggs from the chickens before lunch.
Said goodbye to my wife as she left to town but she came back within a few minutes with the vehicle broken.

Change of plans...

However, we ended up with a dozen eggs, I spent most of the day with our oldest fixing the vehicle, and my wife and youngest son did manage to stop and make it back home after loosing the brake line going down a steep hill with sharp corners.

Thank God for a change of plans and some quality time with my son, while keeping my wife and the youngest safe.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

o.my.goodness.
a neighbor plowed my drive. :dance:

i thot about calling for help, but, Sunday, you know.

the weather will warm .. i did not call.
i called his wife, she said they did others’ around, so, “think nothing of it.”
i will pay him. he mows and helps with things.

he may have done it last night. i usually hear, not this time.

no eggs again this morning.
hmm. i guess i just solved that puzzle! - the chickens come first. :idea:
no chickens, no eggs!
0 x

UNKNOWN