Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: Today ...

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

lesterb wrote:Well, I'm probably within a few hours of some of the other people on this forum. Spent the last couple of days at the Penn Vall Christian Retreat.
how long are you going to be there?

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
lesterb wrote:Well, I'm probably within a few hours of some of the other people on this forum. Spent the last couple of days at the Penn Vall Christian Retreat.
how long are you going to be there?

J.M.
Was there for Tuesday and Wednesday. Headed back to Ontario on Thursday. I'd love to meet some of you PA folks and get to know you but we were traveling with some other people and I knew it wouldn't work this time. Maybe next year if we get there again.
0 x
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

And only 2 hours from me. Alas!
0 x
Peregrino
Affiliation:

Post by Peregrino »

Josh wrote:Image

Wade, there are a lot of dots in Canada. Only one of those needs to be the right church home for you.

I would be glad to do whatever I can to help you find one that is the right home for you and do whatever I can to help get you situated there. And I'm sorry some Mennonites and Anabaptists have treated you and your family very poorly in the past. I have treated people poorly too, and been treated poorly. Let's all let go of those things and look to the future.
Who's the lonely dot in west Texas?
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Peregrino wrote:
Josh wrote:Image

Wade, there are a lot of dots in Canada. Only one of those needs to be the right church home for you.

I would be glad to do whatever I can to help you find one that is the right home for you and do whatever I can to help get you situated there. And I'm sorry some Mennonites and Anabaptists have treated you and your family very poorly in the past. I have treated people poorly too, and been treated poorly. Let's all let go of those things and look to the future.
Who's the lonely dot in west Texas?
Peregrino - i hope Wade gets your message.
they are moving, once moved, they won't have internet access (i'm not sure if that means "won't ever.") selfishly, i hope not.

correction: it was Josh's post to Wade. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Well. Today (and the past two days) have been rough. I'm proped up in bed with strep throat and blazing fever. :(
[Private petition in prayer would be appreciated]

The good news? This all hit after my 12 day trip across PA.
Had the pleasure of attending a fantastic retreat hosted by Faith Builders. Was wonderful to meet some CA youth- including Appleman ;) (and yes, he did come bearing apples).
Afterwards I spent the week with Ernie, his family, and the good brothers and sisters of Followers Of Jesus. Truly a blessed time with blessed folks. To recap fully would require a few more pages of writing.

P.S.: was also a pleasure to meet a long-time MD/MN lurker. Mr Peachy, I'm sure you're reading this.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Peregrino, it's a Church of God in Christ, Mennonite congregation. Meets in a Baptist church building on Sunday mornings. Membership is around 50-60. The town it is in is virtually abandoned; in times past, the church building used to alternate between a Methodist congregation and preacher and Baptist ones on alternate Sundays.

Incidentally, there's also a small Holdeman congregation in Juarez City, a dozen or so attendance.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

KingdomBuilder wrote:Well. Today (and the past two days) have been rough. I'm proped up in bed with strep throat and blazing fever. :(
[Private petition in prayer would be appreciated]

The good news? This all hit after my 12 day trip across PA.
Had the pleasure of attending a fantastic retreat hosted by Faith Builders. Was wonderful to meet some CA youth- including Appleman ;) (and yes, he did come bearing apples).
Afterwards I spent the week with Ernie, his family, and the good brothers and sisters of Followers Of Jesus. Truly a blessed time with blessed folks. To recap fully would require a few more pages of writing.

P.S.: was also a pleasure to meet a long-time MD/MN lurker. Mr Peachy, I'm sure you're reading this.
Prayers for your quick healing :wave:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

From Page 33, June 27:
gcdonner wrote:
temporal1 wrote:George and Claudia - have a wonderful trip. :D
i'm leaving soon, too, to help with my family again this year.
Thank you, we are leaving this morning in about an hour from now, right after I get my turn in the shower. Have a good trip T1
George! - are you still traveling??
hoping for a review of your travels. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:From Page 33, June 27:
gcdonner wrote:
temporal1 wrote:George and Claudia - have a wonderful trip. :D
i'm leaving soon, too, to help with my family again this year.
Thank you, we are leaving this morning in about an hour from now, right after I get my turn in the shower. Have a good trip T1
George! - are you still traveling??
hoping for a review of your travels. :D
Well we have returned about two weeks ago from our trip. We had a wonderful time, met some new friends, lots of family interaction and fellowship. Here is a video clip of one such visit:

We did have one breakdown on Rte 80 in Ohio, but got the Macedonian call and ended up having church in the waiting room of the repair shop with another couple who were there for regular maintenance. We fellowshipped for a couple of hours and the time just flew by.
We are finally starting to get our rhythm back, and getting ready now for a visit from our daughter at whose home we stayed in MA while out there.
Thanks for asking, T1. How are you doing these days?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth