Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Re: Today ...

Post by Wade »

silentreader wrote:
Wade wrote:Nothing the doctors are doing is helping his breathing. Now they said he will be transferred to BC children's hospital.
:pray
Got to hold him when just visited. His strength is drained as he struggles with each breath.
The weather is too overcast and snowing so he is stuck here and they also need him to stabilize for the next best option they have of driving over 3hrs to Kimberly to fly from there.
My wife could use some prayers holding and comforting him while going without sleep. The love of a mother is so precious.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Wade wrote:
silentreader wrote:
Wade wrote:Nothing the doctors are doing is helping his breathing. Now they said he will be transferred to BC children's hospital.
Got to hold him when just visited. His strength is drained as he struggles with each breath.
The weather is too overcast and snowing so he is stuck here and they also need him to stabilize for the next best option they have of driving over 3hrs to Kimberly to fly from there.
My wife could use some prayers holding and comforting him while going without sleep. The love of a mother is so precious.

How old is he? I forget. My wife thought maybe 6 months or so?
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Wade

Post by Wade »

silentreader wrote:
Wade wrote:
silentreader wrote:

How old is he? I forget. My wife thought maybe 6 months or so?
He turned 1 about 3 weeks ago.
0 x
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

Praying for your son and family :pray
0 x
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

:pray :pray from our house.
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

praying this night will bring relief to your son, his loving mother and father, all loved ones, all working to help him survive. my family is now praying with me for him, and all of you.
praying for safe travels, if and when that decision is made. praying you have help with the other children during this time. please, God, have mercy on this family, give them strength and guide their steps for your will. amen.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

temporal1 wrote:praying this night will bring relief to your son, his loving mother and father, all loved ones, all working to help him survive. my family is now praying with me for him, and all of you.
praying for safe travels, if and when that decision is made. praying you have help with the other children during this time. please, God, have mercy on this family, give them strength and guide their steps for your will. amen.
Amen and we are praying too!
THe Lord brought my almost 86 year old dad through pneumonia AND the flu- he's still not out of the hospital but we believe the prayers have got him through this (he still needs to come back to the Lord, if he ever really was converted) but we see God's Providential hand at work again-

Praying for your little one & family!
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Please know we have you all held in prayer, Wade :pray :pray :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

MaxPC wrote:Please know we have you all held in prayer, Wade
yes.
anxious to hear how the night went, but, my mother always counseled, “no news is good news,” and, we cannot be a priority .. they have their hands full. we can, and will, wait. and pray.

our family has experienced hospital traumas that were so intense, prayers of others held us together, like an unseen cloud of support, or, “cloud of witnesses;” present, but unseen.
VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS ADERIT
Desiderius Erasmus 1436-1536

- - - - -
Bidden or unbidden, God is present as heartbeat, as breath, as sunrise and sunset, as sustaining and suffering love, as dear friend rejected or embraced, God is present.

Bidden or unbidden, God is present as a people created from the dust who wrestle with reality and tell stories of their struggles. God is present.

Bidden or unbidden, God is present as slaves thrown out of Egypt and nearly drowned in the Sea called Red, as wanderers in the wilderness for forty years in search of the promise land, God is present.

Bidden or unbidden, God is present as prophet, lawgiver, and guide, as smoke and fire, God is present.

Bidden or unbidden, God is present as a new born baby in a distant land, as the one around whom angels and peasant shepherds and the beasts of the stable flock and hover in adoration, God is present.

Bidden or unbidden, God is present as a child growing up surrounded by the beauties of nature and the cruelties of empire, God is present.

Bidden or unbidden, God is present as a young rabbi washed by the waters of the Jordan and blessed by a voice in the wilderness, God is present.

Bidden or unbidden, God is present in eyes that are blind or can see, in ears that can hear and do not hear, in hearts opened by love or closed by fear and wrath, God is present.

Bidden or unbidden, God is present in accusing mob and fearful friends, in hardened and broken hearts, in disgraceful abandonment, death and darkness, God is present.

Bidden or unbidden, God is present at the beginning, in the middle, and at the end, at our birth, in our daily lives, in tragedy and celebrations, and at our death, God is present.

Bidden or unbidden, God is present.

.. “unfortunately I do not know the original source of the wonderful prayer.
It was sent to me and am still hoping that someone will trace the origin of it that I may include the source.” Philip Chircop

http://www.philipchircop.com/post/10569 ... is-present
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Wade

Post by Wade »

Lord, you saw the medical staff’s feared conclusion,
As seven year old sleepy eyed sister looked at teary eyed mother in confusion,
You know Lord as his life hesitated a direction,
His life lay on the alter as we cried for your protection,
So, I awoke today with lonely bed,
The song, “This is the day that the Lord hath made,” rolling through my head,
When just yesterday the doctor said there is nothing they can do
And only the best hospital could support him through
But those clouds and snow kept the transport team at bay
The only option was to pray
But don’t be mistaken it was the best of all
As we hit our knees it was clear the call
Do not think you can bare such struggles alone
There are loving Christians coming beside in petition to Thy throne
Someone said, “We can be glad that nothing is to small for the Lord to care about!”
You can part clouds in which I have no doubt
But You wouldn’t and that is fine as Your will is best
You rather guided the care
And answered the pray
That allowed air into a little boys chest
Our son is now improving
Thank you Lord that he is moving
Leaving our visit he laughed and smiled saying, “dad”
The Lord surely cares for the little ones and for that I am glad
Still in good hands with mother who never left his side
Thank you Lord for such an amazing bride
Thankfully there is no one to small for the Lord to care about!

Let these times help to consider a moment the passing days:
It is true that moments pass but eternity stays
In this delicate balance life can go either way
Offered through One is true freedom
Don’t delay entrance into His kingdom

Thank you for all your prayers!
0 x