Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Today ...

Post by temporal1 »

JimFoxvog wrote:
gcdonner wrote: So you are no longer with the Christian community?
Sadly, Plow Creek Fellowship and Plow Creek Mennonite Church disbanded. It's where I've given my life the last 17 years, so it is quite a major and sad change.
that’s a hard blow. like a death in the family.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

JimFoxvog wrote:
Sadly, Plow Creek Fellowship and Plow Creek Mennonite Church disbanded. It's where I've given my life the last 17 years, so it is quite a major and sad change.
My condolences and hope for the future for you.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

JimFoxvog wrote:
Continuing prayers for you, Jim. I'm so sorry.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

The next new forum member will be: 1,000 :dance:
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote:The next new forum member will be: 1,000 :dance:
Today .. the home page reading displays 1004 members. :?
However, only 2 names added (yesterday, Feb 16) since 999. :?
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=170

Must be some of Robert’s strawman math. :P

Looks like Yerfk would be, 1,000, :D
JMZ would be, 1,001.
:D

Welcome to discussions. :blah:
0 x

UNKNOWN
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Today...
I was blessed to spend a full day with the people of Mountain Lakes Mennonite Church in Guntersville, AL. :)
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Today .. excitement in my homestead.
i was getting ready to start laundry .. looked out my kitchen window .. just in time to see a bunch of children running up the (lane.) occasionally, children come, wanting to sell different things for fundraisers. so, not really surprising. but, they were enthusiastic! :shock:

i opened my door, o.my. 4 children, anxious, afraid, wanting to come in. they came in.
i wondered if someone’s house was on fire!

good timing, my clothes were not yet in the machine! :P

they were 11-12.
turns out, they were at one of the girl’s birthday party, but .. the mother who picked them up was (they said, drunk. driving erratically.) they were not in the direction they should have been .. she must have gotten altogether lost. it was daylight.

the children tricked her. they told her my house was the house of one of the children in the car. when she stopped, they all ran to my door.

one girl called her mother.

i tried to calm everyone. after all, the children were safe, the second mother was now on her way from a nearby town. so. no immediate danger. calm down. :) they agreed, but, emotions were high.

then, i realized, the first mother was passed out in her car in front of my lane. :-|
the car lights were on, no movement .. ? not sure what to do. the children were fine, now, what about mom? would she be confrontational? the children then said she could lash out and be physically aggressive. so. hmm.

first, get the children home.
but. what about this poor woman, she should not be driving. she obviously needs help.

i called a neighbor. he came down, got her license plate number, called the county for help.
the second mother arrived, took the children away.

the first mother must have awakened, she drove away without a word, before help arrived.
the county officers probably caught up with her. they had her name and plate number.
i hope she is taken where she will get help.

i am praying for the children, esp for the child of the first mother. if they haven’t had serious problems before, they surely will now. i pray she accepts help and can pull her life together. the child’s father is a state away. i may never know one more thing about any of them.

as they left, i told them i wished we’d all met under happy circumstances.
they were nice children.

i started my laundry. :)

i hope i do not get a police visit. esp not in the middle of the night.
i can’t think of any reason why they would come here. i hope they can’t, either. :)
not to be anti-social. i prefer talking with children. :mrgreen:
0 x

UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote:Today .. excitement in my homestead.
i was getting ready to start laundry .. looked out my kitchen window .. just in time to see a bunch of children running up the (lane.) occasionally, children come, wanting to sell different things for fundraisers. so, not really surprising. but, they were enthusiastic! :shock:

i opened my door, o.my. 4 children, anxious, afraid, wanting to come in. they came in.
i wondered if someone’s house was on fire!

good timing, my clothes were not yet in the machine! :P

they were 11-12.
turns out, they were at one of the girl’s birthday party, but .. the mother who picked them up was (they said, drunk. driving erratically.) they were not in the direction they should have been .. she must have gotten altogether lost. it was daylight.

the children tricked her. they told her my house was the house of one of the children in the car. when she stopped, they all ran to my door.

one girl called her mother.

i tried to calm everyone. after all, the children were safe, the second mother was now on her way from a nearby town. so. no immediate danger. calm down. :) they agreed, but, emotions were high.

then, i realized, the first mother was passed out in her car in front of my lane. :-|
the car lights were on, no movement .. ? not sure what to do. the children were fine, now, what about mom? would she be confrontational? the children then said she could lash out and be physically aggressive. so. hmm.

first, get the children home.
but. what about this poor woman, she should not be driving. she obviously needs help.

i called a neighbor. he came down, got her license plate number, called the county for help.
the second mother arrived, took the children away.

the first mother must have awakened, she drove away without a word, before help arrived.
the county officers probably caught up with her. they had her name and plate number.
i hope she is taken where she will get help.

i am praying for the children, esp for the child of the first mother. if they haven’t had serious problems before, they surely will now. i pray she accepts help and can pull her life together. the child’s father is a state away. i may never know one more thing about any of them.

as they left, i told them i wished we’d all met under happy circumstances.
they were nice children.

i started my laundry. :)

i hope i do not get a police visit. esp not in the middle of the night.
i can’t think of any reason why they would come here. i hope they can’t, either. :)
not to be anti-social. i prefer talking with children. :mrgreen:
God bless you for helping them T:
and thanks be to God it was to your house that was the one He brought them instead of a drug house or worse.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

British Columbia is COLD. Minus 20 is nothing new to us -- it gets colder than that in Alberta. But the cold seems damper here. I'm sitting in our bedroom with my feet wrapped in a blanket, trying to work. The furnace has run pretty well nonstop since this morning, and it still hasn't quite gotten to room temperature.

We're babysitting and housesitting for our son and his wife. Rick's mother in law appears to be in her very last days of life and the whole family is back there. We are keeping their children here. Scheduling is a bit uncertain at this point.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

lesterb wrote:British Columbia is COLD. Minus 20 is nothing new to us -- it gets colder than that in Alberta. But the cold seems damper here. I'm sitting in our bedroom with my feet wrapped in a blanket, trying to work. The furnace has run pretty well nonstop since this morning, and it still hasn't quite gotten to room temperature.

We're babysitting and housesitting for our son and his wife. Rick's mother in law appears to be in her very last days of life and the whole family is back there. We are keeping their children here. Scheduling is a bit uncertain at this point.
-20F is COLD. it gets scary. here on the prairie, winds make everything worse.

our local news people are not always forthcoming with wind conditions, which can literally make-or-break an otherwise good day. even in warm weather! i do not understand why they so reliably overlook that vital bit of information.

because of their lack of simple details, i rarely watch local tv weather anymore. i use NOAA’s website.

i can quickly see what i need, without having to drudge-through the entire region’s/state’s forecast. our weather in the north part of the county is often quite different than the southern end - that’s just 1 county!

i hope temps warm for you. i’m sorry your visit is not for happy reasons. having loved ones present and available to help is important, too. i am so thankful whenever i can help. it’s a gift, to be able to help.
0 x

UNKNOWN