Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Re: Today ...

Post by gcdonner »

lesterb wrote:After several days of frustration with a slow computer, I finally bit the bullet today. I wiped the whole thing and reinstalled the OS. Now I am in the middle of putting my software collection back together.

After all of this, IT HAD BETTER WORK BETTER. I'm not guaranteeing what will happen if it doesn't. :evil:

I've lost several days of what should have been productive writing time. The windows installer was always running, and taking up to 100% of the bandwidth. At times up to six incidents of it were running at the same time. It kept downloading the same updates and trying to install them. I couldn't install anything or even uninstall anything. And all the time it was excruciatingly slow. I tried a refresh keeping my files. Wouldn't do it. I tried a refresh zapping my files. No go. So I downloaded the latest Windows 10 ISO, wiped the hard drive, and reinstalled.

Or rather, I'm reinstalling because my brother in law's internet leaves a few things to be desired. They are putting in fiber optic, but it won't get here until next week.

LB
Our service provider has fiber optic, but it hasn't made it into our town yet...boooohoooo
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

lesterb wrote:Spent some time yesterday at "Reapers of Hope" the food processing unit run by CAM Canada in Ontario. Very interesting operation.

I have never been there and don't know where to find it other than that it is at Drayton. Did you see any flood waters?
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Hats Off wrote:
lesterb wrote:Spent some time yesterday at "Reapers of Hope" the food processing unit run by CAM Canada in Ontario. Very interesting operation.

I have never been there and don't know where to find it other than that it is at Drayton. Did you see any flood waters?
I'm pretty sure you won't find it in Drayton.
You'll need to ask Signtist where it is.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

silentreader wrote:
Hats Off wrote:

I'm pretty sure you won't find it in Drayton.
You'll need to ask Signtist where it is.
Former building yard in Moorefield.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

lesterb,

I'm about to put a MacBook in the mail to you - we need you to keep on writing!
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

George and Claudia - have a wonderful trip. :D
i'm leaving soon, too, to help with my family again this year.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:George and Claudia - have a wonderful trip. :D
i'm leaving soon, too, to help with my family again this year.
Thank you, we are leaving this morning in about an hour from now, right after I get my turn in the shower. Have a good trip T1
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

You were less than 2 blocks from my house...
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Well, I'm probably within a few hours of some of the other people on this forum. Spent the last couple of days at the Penn Vall Christian Retreat.
0 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

lesterb wrote:Well, I'm probably within a few hours of some of the other people on this forum. Spent the last couple of days at the Penn Vall Christian Retreat.
say what?
you're only about 4 miles from my place.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme