Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Today ...

Post by Robert »

temporal1 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:43 pm
gcdonner wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:52 am Feb 23
Today’s the day. He’s probably in recovery now. Maybe out. :)
Hopefully we will hear by tomorrow. Been thinking of George often today.

In San Antonio for the weekend. Should hit the Riverwalk tomorrow.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:39 pm
temporal1 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:43 pm
gcdonner wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:52 am Feb 23
Today’s the day. He’s probably in recovery now. Maybe out. :)
Hopefully we will hear by tomorrow. Been thinking of George often today. :) [me, too.]

In San Antonio for the weekend. Should hit the Riverwalk tomorrow.
i hope you have a great visit in San Antonio.
i have the fondest memories of our 1983 camping trip in Texas, i think in March. The weather was great (until Corpus Christie, when winds+tornadoes blew us home a little earlier than planned.) :lol: We had a 6 yr old girl with us and found out we were expecting another just before the trip! A stowaway. He was born later in August.

The Riverwalk was a highlight. It was so pretty, we had great Mexican food there. Very festive.
i hoped we would return.

barbara10 may still be in San Antonio:
Re: Welcome to MennoNet
Post by barbara10 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:21 pm
Hi. I used to be on here a few years ago. I am hoping to run into some people who want to start a conservative Mennonite house church near San Antonio.

0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Robert wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:39 pm In San Antonio for the weekend. Should hit the Riverwalk tomorrow.
Don't forget the Alamo.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

They may want george to stay away from electronic devices for awhile?

“Devices that May Interfere with ICDs and Pacemakers”
“Several types of devices and machinery may interfere with implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and pacemakers.”

The electromagnetic waves generated by these devices can keep your ICD or pacemaker from functioning properly. Try to avoid them, or at least minimize your exposure to them.

Your health care professional can advise you about specific devices and machinery to avoid. But, in general, the following can cause interference:
https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/ ... pacemakers
0 x

UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. My procedure went well, though I had to stay overnight for observation. I got home today around 2pm. Many thanks to my daughter Wendy, her husband Kevin and my wife for transportation and all the help they have been to me so far. I have to wear a arm restraint much of the time.
On a sad note, one of my younger brothers died while I was on the operating table. He had a heart attack, stopped breathing and flatlined, was brought back by the ambulance drivers and then after the night on life support passed shortly after having life support removed. Thankfully he is with our heavenly Father now.
No driving for me for 3 weeks, so my wife is taking up the slack for Sunday mornings, she hasn't driven much since we moved to TN. Midweek bible study will be attended with the driving help of my grandson Andrew.

Thank you all again, and praise God from whom all blessings flow.
5 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:46 pm Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. My procedure went well, though I had to stay overnight for observation. I got home today around 2pm. Many thanks to my daughter Wendy, her husband Kevin and my wife for transportation and all the help they have been to me so far. I have to wear a arm restraint much of the time.

On a sad note, one of my younger brothers died while I was on the operating table. He had a heart attack, stopped breathing and flatlined, was brought back by the ambulance drivers and then after the night on life support passed shortly after having life support removed. Thankfully he is with our heavenly Father now. ✝️

No driving for me for 3 weeks, so my wife is taking up the slack for Sunday mornings, she hasn't driven much since we moved to TN. Midweek bible study will be attended with the driving help of my grandson Andrew.

so sorry to hear about your brother. the timing is disconcerting. that feeling of helplessness.
you’re back here a bit earlier than i expected, i wasn’t sure what to expect. this is positive.

request:
be ridiculously cautious to prevent a fall.

my younger brother had stents placed in his heart 2 years ago. the surgery went well, he returned home the same day, was expecting to return to work within a few days.

he no sooner got home when he tripped+fell over their dog. :shock:
this caused all kinds of complications, he was in a lot of pain, not able to work for weeks! it was bad.

he recovered and has done well.
thankfully, his wife and grown daughter were there for him.

please be careful. you have a way to go. :wave:
1 x

UNKNOWN
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

i'm so sorry to hear that, gc
there must be many mixed emotions right now.
2 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

gcdonner wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:46 pm Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. My procedure went well, though I had to stay overnight for observation. I got home today around 2pm. Many thanks to my daughter Wendy, her husband Kevin and my wife for transportation and all the help they have been to me so far. I have to wear a arm restraint much of the time.
On a sad note, one of my younger brothers died while I was on the operating table. He had a heart attack, stopped breathing and flatlined, was brought back by the ambulance drivers and then after the night on life support passed shortly after having life support removed. Thankfully he is with our heavenly Father now.

I am glad that your procedure went well. I am sorry for your loss too. Like you we praise God from whom all blessings flow. Let us praise our God and in all ways give thanks.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:23 pm i noticed IRS is offering a free electronic method. i haven’t looked into it.
i still have to print, if someone requests.
The free electronic method is the quickest, easiest, and cheapest. Usually a public library can print out something at a very low cost.
1 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Kitchen remodel is just about done. Still got a little trim work to do.

Here is the new fireplace unit. Wife had it decorated in about 5 minutes after I was done. She pretty much designed it. I just built it.

6 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.