Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Today ...

Post by Robert »

Grace wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:45 am Good Job, Robert. the "30 Minute Cookbook" sounds like something I would like.
Wife found three gold canisters on clearance at a Hobby Lobby in San Antonio. She brought hem home and put them on the counter and told me they are not to be used, only looked at. This is getting quite out of hand!! :lol:
3 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Robert wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:05 am
Grace wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:45 am Good Job, Robert. the "30 Minute Cookbook" sounds like something I would like.
Wife found three gold canisters on clearance at a Hobby Lobby in San Antonio. She brought hem home and put them on the counter and told me they are not to be used, only looked at. This is getting quite out of hand!! :lol:
LOL, yes women sure like their pretties. I kind of gave up on pretty decorations as we heat with a wood stove, in the winter and they collect dust. No matter what, wood stoves are dirty, even if one is careful.
2 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

you should scrap them if they are really gold!
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

Grace wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:17 am
LOL, yes women sure like their pretties. I kind of gave up on pretty decorations as we heat with a wood stove, in the winter and they collect dust. No matter what, wood stoves are dirty, even if one is careful.
Dust is a country accent.
4 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:32 am Today ..
we could get severe thunderstorms, hail, possible tornadoes. i hope not.
however, when unseasonably warm temps occur mid-winter, big storms can result.

the power is on, it’s ok now. time will tell.
Considering dire weather predictions, all has been ok here.
The internet was out yesterday, it’s still wobbly today. Electricity has stayed on!

Sure wondering how appleman’s trees are doing.
i don’t remember the year his orchard was devastated by warm winter temps.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Today I found out that I had ancestors on both sides of my grandparents, on the Mayflower. My eighth great-grandfather was actually born on the Mayflower in Plymouth Bay. Also learned that the first group--the Separatists--named the two groups of passengers the Saints and the Strangers (I half expected the second group to be labeled the Sinners). My ancestors were in the former group, and I hope they were truly saints. :angel
2 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Joy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:03 pm Today I found out that I had ancestors on both sides of my grandparents, on the Mayflower. My eighth great-grandfather was actually born on the Mayflower in Plymouth Bay. Also learned that the first group--the Separatists--named the two groups of passengers the Saints and the Strangers (I half expected the second group to be labeled the Sinners). My ancestors were in the former group, and I hope they were truly saints. :angel
From my experience digging into ancestry, i suspect many-most on this forum have close ancestral ties, in addition to the Mennonite Game. My most recent surprise is “trace Ethiopian” .. it appeared through DNA, no names.

Science supports scriptures.

It’s crazy how so much history is lost in the business of everyday life, and, trying to survive.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

Joy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:03 pm Today I found out that I had ancestors on both sides of my grandparents, on the Mayflower. My eighth great-grandfather was actually born on the Mayflower in Plymouth Bay. Also learned that the first group--the Separatists--named the two groups of passengers the Saints and the Strangers (I half expected the second group to be labeled the Sinners). My ancestors were in the former group, and I hope they were truly saints. :angel
My wife's family traces it's roots to the Mayflower and the Wampanoag Indians who met them. John Alden and Priscilla Mullen were their progenitors.
2 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

The deer are hungry. They must have run out of their favorite mast because they chewed down half of the blueberry bushes we planted. My wife is out fertilising and trying to coax them to live. I cannot hear what she is saying to the blueberry bushes but I am sure it is not complimentary of the deer.
2 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

gcdonner wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:40 pm
My wife's family traces it's roots to the Mayflower and the Wampanoag Indians who met them. John Alden and Priscilla Mullen were their progenitors.
John Alden was in the Strangers group, I hear. When I was growing up, rumor had it that we were descendants of him and Priscilla, but apparently that was only a rumor.

Isn't it interesting that as you get older, you are more interested in ancestry? But now haplogroups don't interest me, presumably because I possess no
Y-chromosome. :D
2 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.