Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Re: Today ...

Post by Signtist »

This didn't happen today, but last week I was pleasantly surprised by a visit from Lester's son. Hadn't seen him in at least 15 years.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Signtist wrote:This didn't happen today, but last week I was pleasantly surprised by a visit from Lester's son. Hadn't seen him in at least 15 years.
Who hadn't you seen in 15 years, Lester or his son?
And they found Mary and Joseph and the baby wrapped in swaddling clothes...
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Signtist

Post by Signtist »

gcdonner wrote:
Signtist wrote:This didn't happen today, but last week I was pleasantly surprised by a visit from Lester's son. Hadn't seen him in at least 15 years.
Lester's son. Used to be in the same class in school, tho he was 2 grades ahead of me.
0 x
Signtist

Post by Signtist »

gcdonner wrote:
And I'm really trying to understand how my sentence was less than clear...
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Signtist wrote:
gcdonner wrote:
And I'm really trying to understand how my sentence was less than clear...
It was a poor attempt on my part at humor. It is a common occurrence in the English language that allows you to transpose the subjects of a sentence... Were Mary & Joseph also wrapped in swaddling clothes? :mrgreen:
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Signtist

Post by Signtist »

OK. Sorry I missed the humor! If my sarcasm filter hadn't kicked in my reply would have been more like "I never mentioned Lester, only his son. Think about it!"
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Look out Josh, I had a man at our church today try to tell me that the Independent Baptist churches are the one true church. :lol:

In seriousness though despite his constant struggle with nervousness this was the handicapped man in our church wanting to talk and rather by the end of our conversation I believe that I got the impression that he was trying to encourage us and was concerned about us eventually leaving again. He battled addiction and suicide attempts before he was introduced to Christ and the gospel from the Pastor. Glad to see he has a place to come as he lives alone in welfare housing in the roughest part of town.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Today (well actually tomorrow) we start the rebuilding process with MDS at Constance Bay, Ontario as the first condemned house is to be demolished. It will be a little out of my comfort zone as I will be the only Mennonite on the site, facing TV crews and other media. This is not normal fare for an old old order man like myself. :D Starting some time mid December, we hope to have volunteer feet on the ground, getting a frame up and the 2 houses closed in before the worst of winter hits.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Hats Off wrote:Today (well actually tomorrow) we start the rebuilding process with MDS at Constance Bay, Ontario as the first condemned house is to be demolished. It will be a little out of my comfort zone as I will be the only Mennonite on the site, facing TV crews and other media. This is not normal fare for an old old order man like myself. :D Starting some time mid December, we hope to have volunteer feet on the ground, getting a frame up and the 2 houses closed in before the worst of winter hits.
hoping for an update. maybe a video clip?
a thread on this project would be interesting, too.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Standing out in the rain where it is cold and dark at six years old...

Just got home in the dark and it is raining fairly hard. Took the baby into the house as most everybody ran in. Came back to get our three year old who was sleeping soundly in the vehicle while she stood there in the dark, cold, and rain.
She didn't want him to wake up and be alone. :)
0 x