Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Today ...

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote:Sitting in Anchorage waiting for flight home. Came up for a June wedding.
:D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

We're at an OOM funeral today. The husband of a first cousin of mine in Ontario. Heard two German sermons this morning. Both were good. Waiting for our turn at the table now.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Picked up a box of long English cucumbers for free as some how my parents ended up with some when a reefer broke down. Not sure I am happy that it is someone else's loss but we will do our part that they not go to waste. :D

Well, it has been 6 years of searching out a Mennonite fellowship...

With the challenges we have faced and feeling at home but never "fitting in," I have let it bother me... And I have become cynical...
I have lost hope in us being able to move where we can have fellowship.
I have been trying to prolong coming to terms with this but am finally at a point I can say that I give up.
I don't want to be apart but stewing on it is not good...
Alone is not the cross I want to bear, but what choice do I have? Fellowship through electronic means is not fellowship...
Maybe something will come up here?...

A special thank you to Lester and Ernie. You two really showed a lot of care.

There were some I was excited about receiving PM's from - you can email if you would like.

God bless you all!
:wave:
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Wade, there are a lot of dots in Canada. Only one of those needs to be the right church home for you.

I would be glad to do whatever I can to help you find one that is the right home for you and do whatever I can to help get you situated there. And I'm sorry some Mennonites and Anabaptists have treated you and your family very poorly in the past. I have treated people poorly too, and been treated poorly. Let's all let go of those things and look to the future.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Wade wrote:Picked up a box of long English cucumbers for free as some how my parents ended up with some when a reefer broke down. Not sure I am happy that it is someone else's loss but we will do our part that they not go to waste. :D

Well, it has been 6 years of searching out a Mennonite fellowship...

With the challenges we have faced and feeling at home but never "fitting in," I have let it bother me... And I have become cynical...
I have been trying to prolong coming to terms with this but am finally at a point I can say that I give up.
Alone is not the cross I want to bear, but what choice do I have? Fellowship through electronic means is not fellowship...

There were some I was excited about receiving PM's from - you can email if you would like.

God bless you all!
this isn't "2 months" until you leave the forum!? ..

as for giving up .. don't fear it.
there are times when giving up (surrendering) is exactly what is needed to allow God to show us His Will, not ours. i will pray now that this is just what is happening for you and your family. :hug:

we hear God best when we're on our knees.

i'm not reading or posting a lot right now, either.
this forum often slows down in summers .. lots of seasonal work and busy families ..
but, a few can always be found.

do keep in touch, and know, you have made dear (virtual) friends on this forum.
you are always welcome, i'm certain.
0 x

UNKNOWN
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Josh wrote:Image

Wade, there are a lot of dots in Canada. Only one of those needs to be the right church home for you.

I would be glad to do whatever I can to help you find one that is the right home for you and do whatever I can to help get you situated there. And I'm sorry some Mennonites and Anabaptists have treated you and your family very poorly in the past. I have treated people poorly too, and been treated poorly. Let's all let go of those things and look to the future.
I wouldn't mind knowing what churches are represented by the dots in Alberta.
0 x
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

Wade wrote:Well, it has been 6 years of searching out a Mennonite fellowship...

God bless you all!
Wade, you have given me a lot of encouragement and hope in times when I have lost hope myself. Every NMB faces these challenges, of trying to find a fellowship where they feel they belong and can "fit in". No one wants to feel like the odd one out and trust me you're not alone. I will pray for you and your family and I have faith that He has a plan for you.

"...that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God." - Acts 14:22b
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Haystack wrote:
Wade wrote:Well, it has been 6 years of searching out a Mennonite fellowship...

God bless you all!
Wade, you have given me a lot of encouragement and hope in times when I have lost hope myself. Every NMB faces these challenges, of trying to find a fellowship where they feel they belong and can "fit in". No one wants to feel like the odd one out and trust me you're not alone. I will pray for you and your family and I have faith that He has a plan for you.

"...that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God." - Acts 14:22b
nicely stated, Haystack. will hope for updates now+then.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Have been wondering about how MN dads spent Fathers' Day.
For the most part, away from the forum. :blah:
0 x

UNKNOWN
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

temporal1 wrote:Have been wondering about how MN dads spent Fathers' Day.
For the most part, away from the forum. :blah:
An early walk taking pictures and gathering some blueberries and black raspberries. I made waffles for the family for breakfast and ate them with fresh berries. Then church with a number of good conversations afterward. A quick lunch of tortillas, cheese, and salsa. After a nap, went fishing alone. Had a blowout on my bike tire a few miles from home, so a long journey back. I cooked up a delicious bluegill supper. My wife had picked a good bunch of strawberies for dessert. Talked with my older son by phone, and had a chess game with my younger son. I won!
0 x