Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Today ...

Post by MaxPC »

Yesterday but still a prayer concern: the Midwest had 22 tornadoes and more severe weather is expected today.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

MaxPC wrote:Yesterday but still a prayer concern: the Midwest had 22 tornadoes and more severe weather is expected today.
my area was under tornado watch for about 6 hours last night.
definitely had wind and hail. today, i see a couple of tornadoes landed not terribly far. i haven't looked at the yard or roof yet today. always expect twigs+branches when it's windy. it can get messy. i did not stay awake for the entire event.

this is from tuesday, they're doing damage assessments today.
illinois, i have not looked at regional weather/maps:
https://nwschat.weather.gov/lsr/#ILX/20 ... 10900/0100

it's March. in like a lion? ..
i don't think this was anywhere near as bad as the Georgia-Florida tornado damage in February.
still, when it hits your home/family, it's 100%. stats don't mean so much.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

It's still a need for prayers and you have ours. :up:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

This thread, Page 21:
temporal1 wrote:
Peregrino wrote: Pray for peace in Chihuahua today.

http://www.radiza.com.mx/cuauhtemoc/det ... ?id=107831

The photos in this article are being circulated on social media by the cartel to warn everyone to stay off the streets in Cuauhtémoc today. Schools and many businesses are closed today.

A big confrontation of some kind is going down. Several district chiefs have been arrested recently and the rest are fighting over their territory. The neighbor's armored pickup trucks are prowling the roads around here.

We need to go to Pedernales tonight to pick up my wife's sister who is coming down from New Mexico today.

Pray that the peace of God may rule here and bloodshed might be avoided.
no news is good news ?

Peregrino wrote, and ok'd for sharing:
Peregrino:
Good morning,
Yes, in this case, no news is good news. The armed confrontation never happened. There were about 200 late model SUVs and pickups full of heavily armed civilians in town.

The government sent in several hundred soldiers and several helicopters all while reassuring the public that nothing is going on, that people are simply panicking over rumors. In the end, everything stayed calm.

The week before, there was an armed confrontation that lasted nearly 45 minutes right in the middle of a Mennonite colony. During those 45 minutes an estimated 2500 shots were fired. Quite a few of the Mennonites' houses had broken windows from stray bullets but thankfully, none of them were injured.

We have been very busy here at school. It keeps growing almost faster than we can keep up. High attendance was 25 plus our six. It seems to have leveled off this week at 22. Many of these children have limited Spanish. Some have never been to school before and others have attended very irregularly due to the distance.

You won't see me on MN for a while. I have decided to give up Facebook and MennoNet for Lent.
8-)
0 x

UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

George's wife Claudia had a heart attack today. Please pray fro George and Claudia as they go through the healing process. She is receiving a stint or two and should be coming back home soon.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Robert wrote:George's wife Claudia had a heart attack today. Please pray fro George and Claudia as they go through the healing process. She is receiving a stint or two and should be coming back home soon.
Will do :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

MaxPC wrote:
Robert wrote:George's wife Claudia had a heart attack today. Please pray fro George and Claudia as they go through the healing process. She is receiving a stint or two and should be coming back home soon.
Will do :pray
wish i was able to compose one of george's beautiful prayers for Claudia, george, their family and loved ones right now .. praying for a full recovery, no complications.
0 x

UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Thank you all for your prayers. Claudia did indeed have a heart attack yesterday morning, and was surprised to go in for the stent insertion late yesterday afternoon, when we were told to expect to have to wait until Monday. We are expecting she will return home this afternoon, on a light duty regimen. I guess that means I have to cook and clean and do the laundry. We will see how well she likes my cooking...peanut butter and jelly sandwiches anybody?
She was doing well this morning when I spoke to her on the phone and was sitting in a chair eating her breakfast.
Thanks again for praying and to our Heavenly Father who answered, "YES!"
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

I'm so glad to hear it George, TRULY!
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

MaxPC wrote:I'm so glad to hear it George, TRULY!
so thankful, and, will continue prayers for healing without complication, and, for the period of adjustment to life after heart surgery, which can be challenging (from what i have witnessed.)
take good care of her, and yourself, george! :D
0 x

UNKNOWN