Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Today ...

Post by Soloist »

Wade wrote:Standing out in the rain where it is cold and dark at six years old...

Just got home in the dark and it is raining fairly hard. Took the baby into the house as most everybody ran in. Came back to get our three year old who was sleeping soundly in the vehicle while she stood there in the dark, cold, and rain.
She didn't want him to wake up and be alone. :)
Our youngest tends to start crying unless she's asleep because we get the others unbuckled before getting her. I think she thinks we are abandoning her when we close the door to go around and open her door. :roll:
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Soloist wrote:
Wade wrote:Standing out in the rain where it is cold and dark at six years old...

Just got home in the dark and it is raining fairly hard. Took the baby into the house as most everybody ran in. Came back to get our three year old who was sleeping soundly in the vehicle while she stood there in the dark, cold, and rain.
She didn't want him to wake up and be alone. :)
Our youngest tends to start crying unless she's asleep because we get the others unbuckled before getting her. I think she thinks we are abandoning her when we close the door to go around and open her door. :roll:
Yes. This does happen at times for us too...

We got a special treat today after the nursing home service a Mennonite choir came and sang so we stuck around too listen. Our baby was excited clapping, laughing, and smiling. I was too... But I contained my excitement to my inside. :P
Nice to see some familiar faces.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Wade wrote: We got a special treat today after the nursing home service a Mennonite choir came and sang so we stuck around too listen. Our baby was excited clapping, laughing, and smiling. I was too... But I contained my excitement to my inside. :P
Nice to see some familiar faces.
Thats always nice!

I discovered how long viewing services take... never been to one before and I hadn't allowed enough time for 1.5 hours to wait... This was one of those times I really didn't want to cut (I was offered to be allowed).

Next time I arrive 30 minutes early for the start :P
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

The problem with arriving 30 minutes early at a viewing service is that the next people decide to arrive 45 minutes early. My wife wanted to go to a viewing service early so we could get an early start to our 6 hour drive home but our children told us that is improper and selfish. They would never arrive early regardless of how many other people do.
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Kind of like deciding how early to arrive for prison visitation. The father of one of my young friends emailed me to ask how long visitation was. It's four hours theoretically, but that never happens. As it turns out, they drove eight hours to get there this weekend, and were allowed an hour and a half, spending two hours in line. My young friend hadn't seen his mom in thirteen years, talk to her in fourteen, and hug her in fifteen. So the short time was worth it!
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Today I collected a half pound of pine resin from trees on our property. There's plenty more, but I just went for the easy pickings this time.
Going to use it for making salves.

For those of you with kiddos, it's worth grabbing some dried off the tree to let them smell. A fun thing to do as we approach the time of reflecting of Jesus' birth. There's a reason it's called the Frankincense of America... It's remarkably similar in smell!
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

KingdomBuilder wrote:Going to use it for making salves.
Please be careful and stay out of jail! ;)
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

ohio jones wrote:
Why would I go to jail? I just made a salve that cures TB, cancer, and AIDs! It's yours for $29.99 :mrgreen:
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

How about Lymes? Flu? Does it cure those too?
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

KingdomBuilder wrote:
ohio jones wrote:
Why would I go to jail? I just made a salve that cures TB, cancer, and AIDs! It's yours for $29.99 :mrgreen:
No, you write a book touting your cure, and sell it for $37. That's the going price for miracle cure books. But you've got to make an interminably long audio-only video to go with it, to make potential customers pay with boredom, too. However, if you do go to jail, by then you'll have enough money for commissary, plus I'll be your pen pal. ;)
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.