Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: Today ...

Post by silentreader »

Signtist wrote:
silentreader wrote: ...and did you know that your uncle was married to my sister's husband's sister?
No.... Does that mean we're related? :laugh
Freindshaft to me is just :blah: :blah: :blah:
I would never admit something like that :lol:
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

I seen a picture of my life recently pondering today an event from last night...

During family devotions and prayers last night my wife ran out of the room to everyone's surprise... She had a concern for our almost 4 month old son... Even though we were supposed to be praying I felt I should go and see. At some point in the day a piece of hair had wrapped itself around the middle toe of his right foot. There was off color, colder feeling, and layers of skin were peeling off. Even the hair was sharp enough that it had cut quite deep under the under side with raw skin and ooze. But no blood.
My wife took him to the hospital with the help of our oldest son while I put the other children to bed.
When she returned home the doctor was optimistic and since the hair was gone through our efforts before hand he didn't do anything except send her back home.
The word she said a few times that the doctor repeated was that the hair acted like a tourniquet.
tour·ni·quet
ˈtərnəkət/
noun
noun: tourniquet; plural noun: tourniquets

a device for stopping the flow of blood through a vein or artery, typically by compressing a limb with a cord or tight bandage.
I see now this how it has been in my spiritual life. A tourniquet creates a disconnect in such a way that if applied the right way it can go unnoticed by the person that is suffering from having it on. And when left on too long there is no way of re-connection after complete disconnect has happened. The pain in fact only happens when we restore circulation and healing begins. But, oh, how grateful we are for that pain! Without we would have lost a digit, limb, or worse yet in our spiritual lives we could loose our hope, soul, and communion with our Lord and brothers and sisters in Christ. It is painful to feel and see but praise God that these things can be noticed before it is too late. We don't have an unlimited amount of time to turn and/or make right what we have done.

My heart aches for the uncharitableness I have expressed as of late...

I'm sorry.

Even though his toe still has some healing to do it is the right color and temperature this morning. Thank God.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Wade!
my goodness, reading about your children takes me down memory lane!
i'm not sure which of our babies had this happen, but i remember the shock+fear!
i believe we noticed it early enough that we did not have to go to the doctor.
it's something, how things happen you believe you will "never" forget ..

your analogy is great. so very true.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

silentreader wrote:
Signtist wrote:
silentreader wrote: ...and did you know that your uncle was married to my sister's husband's sister?
No.... Does that mean we're related? :laugh
Freindshaft to me is just :blah: :blah: :blah:
I would never admit something like that :lol:
I too can say with Silentreader: and did you know that your uncle was married to my sister's husband's sister? I too thought of you when we got the news - and I had to think this too is a blessing.
0 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Was able to attend my first service at a conservative Anabaptist congregation today. The message and fellowship was a blessing to my family and I. :)
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

KingdomBuilder wrote:Was able to attend my first service at a conservative Anabaptist congregation today. The message and fellowship was a blessing to my family and I. :)
Glad your family could experience it with you.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Ernie wrote:
KingdomBuilder wrote:Was able to attend my first service at a conservative Anabaptist congregation today. The message and fellowship was a blessing to my family and I. :)
Glad your family could experience it with you.
Yes, if you have children, they will not be alone. The first thing that one of my friends remarked was for so many children, they had their own fellowship after church, and seemed to play as a group far better than he expected.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

One of my summer projects completed today. Gates are 1 week away. Should be easy to hang them.

0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

I just finished reading Ken Miller's Prison Update #17, "The Sermon on the Mount Option" from Plain News. He had just finished reading "The Benedict Option" by Rod Dreher and questioned if going back to Benedict was going back far enough. Why not go all the way back to the Sermon on the Mount if we want guidance!
"Eighty-six years ago E. Stanley Jones, the "Billy Graham" of the 1930's and 1940's, exclaimed, "The greatest need of modern Christianity is the rediscovery of the Sermon on the Mount as the only practical way to live." (Christ of the Mount, p. 14) "The fact is, that the Sermon on the Mount is not in our creeds. As the Apostles Creed now stands, you can accept every word of it and leave the essential self untouched...Suppose we had written in our creeds and had repeated with conviction each time, "I believe in the Sermon on the Mount and in its way of life, and I intend, God helping me, to embody it!" "What would have happened?" Jones asks. "I feel sure that if this had been our main emphasis, the history of Christendom would be different." (p.12)
Ken Miller
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Robert wrote:One of my summer projects completed today. Gates are 1 week away. Should be easy to hang them.

Can't see any images???
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth