Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Today ...

Post by MaxPC »

Another major earthquake in Mexico about an hour ago, magnitude 6.1.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Got the door frame built and sheet rock on the inside. Got the door for $7 at the Restore, but no door jam. This is at least the third door I have gotten with no Jam. I found an old jam for one, and built the frame for a couple.

0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Beautiful 'summer' day!
Was just outside scything along the property edges, got to thinking about...
Revelation 14:14-19English Standard Version (ESV)
The Harvest of the Earth
14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and seated on the cloud one like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head, and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat on the cloud, “Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe.” 16 So he who sat on the cloud swung his sickle across the earth, and the earth was reaped.
17 Then another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18 And another angel came out from the altar, the angel who has authority over the fire, and he called with a loud voice to the one who had the sharp sickle, “Put in your sickle and gather the clusters from the vine of the earth, for its grapes are ripe.” 19 So the angel swung his sickle across the earth and gathered the grape harvest of the earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
....apples and oranges, though, at least.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

This morning we kept Thanksgiving with Meeting. We sang Harvest and Thanksgiving hymns and the text was from the Psalms, No. 104.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Our house is working out.
Lots of work.
Today I smashed out the entire cinder block chimney plus liner that was cracked. Never took down any walls just worked from rooftop and then in attic. Climbed into space where chimney went through main floor to take some blocks out. Then smashed out block by block in basement while it dropped all the way down.
Picture file too big...
Max might like last week I got a deer - he was eating off our crab apple tree I thought wasn't much good... :P And I took your advice and cleaned the well last week after our second vehicle broke down again... I don't know how others afford two vehicles and needing to drive children to school? :-|
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Wade wrote:Max might like last week I got a deer - he was eating off our crab apple tree I thought wasn't much good... :P
Crabapple flavoured venison? :?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I was fortunate to shoot a small Muley buck today. No pic, file to big. Just kidding. No pic, buck to small.
Quartered it and packed it about two miles over steep country. I'm exhausted, legs and back hurt. Took me an 2.5 hours to hike with me being out of shape and hauling a heavy load.
First deer I've shot for many years.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:Our house is working out.
Lots of work.
Today I smashed out the entire cinder block chimney plus liner that was cracked. Never took down any walls just worked from rooftop and then in attic. Climbed into space where chimney went through main floor to take some blocks out. Then smashed out block by block in basement while it dropped all the way down.
Picture file too big...
Max might like last week I got a deer - he was eating off our crab apple tree I thought wasn't much good... :P And I took your advice and cleaned the well last week after our second vehicle broke down again... I don't know how others afford two vehicles and needing to drive children to school? :-|
"Well" done, Wade.
:up:
RZehr wrote:I was fortunate to shoot a small Muley buck today. No pic, file to big. Just kidding. No pic, buck to small.
Quartered it and packed it about two miles over steep country. I'm exhausted, legs and back hurt. Took me an 2.5 hours to hike with me being out of shape and hauling a heavy load.
First deer I've shot for many years.
RZehr, I "kin" your fatigue. Even those small bucks can be heavy, especially when hauling them two miles in steep country. I thank the Lord for my teen grandchildren to do that now.

Congratulations to you both on your "deer prizes". :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Today, I built an insulated dog house. I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow when it is light.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

"Snow."

There wasn't a stir as I thought the children were still asleep, until I said that one word. :P

They ran to the window to see. And they said, "deer," and then I came running to their window. :lol:

Excellent sermon on contentment.
0 x