Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Today ...

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote:Did not grow up with one.

I cooked 4 frozen chicken breasts in 20 minutes. Cleaned and sectioned russet potatoes. Cooked the potatoes with a can of cream of chicken soup and 2 cups water. Potatoes cooked in about 20 minutes. Added 2 chopped chicken breasts and a can of carrots because I did not have any raw. Cooked for an additional 10 minutes.

Was good, but needed a little more flavor. Will add more seasoning next time, but boys liked it. Not enough left for the wife to try after we ate, so it must have been good.
for more flavor, try using chicken broth instead of water. and/or ..
use a whole chicken; my elders believed a lot of flavor comes from bones, and “the whole bird.”
i think i agree. plus, you can use that broth, too.

essentially the same for chicken and noodles.

i learned to cook a whole chicken long enough ahead of time for it to cool, before removing the meat, to save my fingers from the hot chicken. it takes a little more planning. but, ‘way easier on fingers.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:
Robert wrote:Did not grow up with one.

I cooked 4 frozen chicken breasts in 20 minutes. Cleaned and sectioned russet potatoes. Cooked the potatoes with a can of cream of chicken soup and 2 cups water. Potatoes cooked in about 20 minutes. Added 2 chopped chicken breasts and a can of carrots because I did not have any raw. Cooked for an additional 10 minutes.

Was good, but needed a little more flavor. Will add more seasoning next time, but boys liked it. Not enough left for the wife to try after we ate, so it must have been good.
for more flavor, try using chicken broth instead of water. and/or ..
use a whole chicken; my elders believed a lot of flavor comes from bones, and “the whole bird.”
i think i agree. plus, you can use that broth, too.

essentially the same for chicken and noodles.

i learned to cook a whole chicken long enough ahead of time for it to cool, before removing the meat, to save my fingers from the hot chicken. it takes a little more planning. but, ‘way easier on fingers.
Don't forget the feathers, they add texture...
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Didn't make it to church. Vehicle problems again... As much as we look forward to serving we might be the most neediest most of the time... :roll: As my father-in-law say, "Character building."
Thank God He prefers mercy over sacrifice. :P
The children have certainly been learning to make the best of the lot been giving. I love their smiles. :)
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Today .. is blustery+snowy.
i missed my window of opportunity to run errands on dry pavement.
now to decide, wait, or give it a go while daylight lasts? hmm.
must study NOAA.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote:Today .. is blustery+snowy.
i missed my window of opportunity to run errands on dry pavement.
now to decide, wait, or give it a go while daylight lasts? hmm.
must study NOAA.
a break in snowfall, i was able to get out. :D
first, had to shovel, clear windows.

NOAA called for near zero temps tonight, so, i wanted to get the car running before that.
it’s 1F now. imho, temps in the teens are cold enough! no need to show off. :roll:

my battery should have died 2 years ago. so far, it’s still starting right up. :D

i have no desire to go off in a ditch.
i’ve seen so many cars do that. and much worse.
i saw one car take a good slide yesterday, coming off an interstate highway.

i saw a snow plow truck speeding along, the driver acting like he was driving a sports car. :shock:
not sure what that was all about. too much caffeine? argument with girl friend?
snow plow road rage? driver looked like a teenager.

furnace is working, lights are on. it’s winter.
0 x

UNKNOWN
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Today's the one week anniversary of us buying a house. We moved much of our stuff into it Tuesday. Tuesday night the furnace quit and our son returned from China and moved in with us Friday, and it's still chaotic. Today I try to fix a leaky drain pipe. I feel overwhelmed at times, but God is with us.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

JimFoxvog wrote:Today's the one week anniversary of us buying a house. We moved much of our stuff into it Tuesday. Tuesday night the furnace quit and our son returned from China and moved in with us Friday, and it's still chaotic. Today I try to fix a leaky drain pipe. I feel overwhelmed at times, but God is with us.
Glad to hear your son returned. Will be much easier to walk with him. The house stuff comes and goes. I suspect you buy old run down homes like we do. Part of the nature of the beast. Lots to tend to, but over time you get a handle on it. Having your own place may be a good sense of stability for your son. And chaos is order we just have not figured out yet.

Peace, brother.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Robert wrote:
JimFoxvog wrote:Today's the one week anniversary of us buying a house. We moved much of our stuff into it Tuesday. Tuesday night the furnace quit and our son returned from China and moved in with us Friday, and it's still chaotic. Today I try to fix a leaky drain pipe. I feel overwhelmed at times, but God is with us.
Glad to hear your son returned. Will be much easier to walk with him. The house stuff comes and goes. I suspect you buy old run down homes like we do. Part of the nature of the beast. Lots to tend to, but over time you get a handle on it. Having your own place may be a good sense of stability for your son. And chaos is order we just have not figured out yet. Peace, brother.
Amen and amen. Jim we're praising God for your son's return. I second Robert's chaos comment too. As the Brits said in 1939: "Keep calm. Carry on."
:hug:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

So you are no longer with the Christian community?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

gcdonner wrote: So you are no longer with the Christian community?
Sadly, Plow Creek Fellowship and Plow Creek Mennonite Church disbanded. It's where I've given my life the last 17 years, so it is quite a major and sad change.
0 x