Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Today ...

Post by MaxPC »

Hats Off wrote:Today, I believe, is the funeral for CAMERON, KAYLA, AND KENDRA MARTIN (AGES 11, 9, AND 7), the children of Paul and Judith Martin of Sheridan, Michigan. All three were killed in a buggy accident on Sunday morning when a distracted driver ran into the buggy. Paul and Judith are in hospital in serious condition - on Wednesday morning Paul knew his name and birth date while Judith is responding to commands.
Lifting them in prayer. :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Hats Off wrote:Today, I believe, is the funeral for CAMERON, KAYLA, AND KENDRA MARTIN (AGES 11, 9, AND 7), the children of Paul and Judith Martin of Sheridan, Michigan.
All three were killed in a buggy accident on Sunday morning when a distracted driver ran into the buggy.
Paul and Judith are in hospital in serious condition - on Wednesday morning Paul knew his name and birth date while Judith is responding to commands.
this may be located about halfway between you+me? it’s so hard to grasp. i read the family is/was in need of hands-on help, requested no money (?) .. that was a few days ago. reports are they are getting help, you probably know better (?)

very little about the truck driver. i thought it might have been morning sun in his eyes? your word, “distracted,” suggests (texting, or other.) there are so many possible distractions. his life will never be the same. it would be hard to go on with such a heavy burden. i’m not sure i could do it. :(

ongoing prayers for each one touched by this.
there will be a wide ripple effect that will go on+on.m
if only we could take back certain things!
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

He was noted to be a fast driver; he was cleaning the fog off his windshield apparently.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

He was noted to be a fast driver; he was cleaning the fog off his windshield apparently.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Hats Off wrote:He was noted to be a fast driver; he was cleaning the fog off his windshield apparently.
i read this hours ago. the mind wants to reject it, it can’t be true.

a local bank has set up a fund for the Martins.
there is a link to an obituary, too. i have not looked at it.
http://www.mlive.com/business/west-mich ... _fami.html
0 x

UNKNOWN
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Saddened to hear of another mass shooting- 27 congregation members of the Sutherland Springs First Baptist Church were killed this morning, as I'm sure many of you have heard.
Let's pray that all those taken were securely in Jesus's fold, and let's pray that Christians all over can speak peacefully and responsibly amidst tragedy.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

KingdomBuilder wrote:Saddened to hear of another mass shooting- 27 congregation members of the Sutherland Springs First Baptist Church were killed this morning, as I'm sure many of you have heard.
Let's pray that all those taken were securely in Jesus's fold, and let's pray that Christians all over can speak peacefully and responsibly amidst tragedy.
there has been a turn, that i can’t wrap my head around, that there is some sort of “glory” to be had in “ambush+execute” murder, whether murder of individuals or groups.

in the past, there were spoken and unspoken “rules” about how low and cowardly such behaviors were. this would be of the utmost shame. any child can “shoot fish in a barrel.” this is the lowest of lows.

today, somehow, it’s glorified. :(
sometimes, it’s made out to be game (for example, the knockout game.) it’s not a game! in the least, it’s assault+battery, with the possibility, if not deliberate intent, to murder.

the one common denominator i see is, intentional “ambush+execute.” frequently of total strangers.
often, suicide is part of it, i.e., escaping consequences. including, suicide-by-cop, or, knowng one is likely to be killed by someone in the grisly process.

these murderers want to do as much damage possible, then, escape, by their own death.
in doing so, they are playing at being a god, in control of others and themselves.

they sacrifice so much for a few minutes of ultimate self-delusion. it is truly wicked.
0 x

UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Praying for all the families. :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Today .. preparing to visit family again (already!) :dance:
“How can they miss me, if i won’t go away?!” :mrgreen:

They have a situation they need help with, so, i’ll go for that, and stay for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and to begin the New Year.

i’ve barely had enough time to get the house ready for winter, the car maintained+running well, check in with doctors, etc. But, i’m ready to go. 8-)

if it wasn’t so expensive to live near them, i would do that.
no matter how we look at it, we can’t close that gap. so. visits-r-us.

i keep hoping they will come to their senses and move to a more reasonable place.
not holding my breath.

they paid for my flights this time. good connections, good prices. no complaints there.
0 x

UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:Today .. preparing to visit family again (already!) :dance:
“How can they miss me, if i won’t go away?!” :mrgreen:

They have a situation they need help with, so, i’ll go for that, and stay for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and to begin the New Year.

i’ve barely had enough time to get the house ready for winter, the car maintained+running well, check in with doctors, etc. But, i’m ready to go. 8-)

if it wasn’t so expensive to live near them, i would do that.
no matter how we look at it, we can’t close that gap. so. visits-r-us.

i keep hoping they will come to their senses and move to a more reasonable place.
not holding my breath.

they paid for my flights this time. good connections, good prices. no complaints there.
Enjoy your family while you can.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth