Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Today ...

Post by Robert »

You have to click on the View original link at the top of that page, then copy the address into the Image
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I recommend re-hosting images on a service like imgur or http://sli.mg. It has the advantage the images probably won't disappear after a few years, and it also protects your privacy vs directly sharing an image from a think like Facebook.
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Robert wrote:You have to click on the View original link at the top of that page, then copy the address into the Image
Ok, that makes sense.

Thanks.

LB
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

EdselB wrote:I never received a confirmation email, but even so, here I am.
Edsel
So you are officially a member of the Lutheran church now, having gone through confirmation??? :mrgreen:
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Built new shelves to go over the kitchen sink and cabinets. Still have to prime, paint and seal it.

0 x
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

Robert wrote:Built new shelves to go over the kitchen sink and cabinets. Still have to prime, paint and seal it.

Nice, I like the concept, but how are you going to hang it?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

gcdonner wrote:how are you going to hang it?
Screwed to beams above it.
0 x
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

Robert wrote:
gcdonner wrote:how are you going to hang it?
Screwed to beams above it.
Aha! Now it really begins to open up for me. Nice!
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Today .. must drive into town for routine fasting labs, 14 hours.

i was in the house most of last week, sick with a terrible cold that hit-hard with e-v-e-r-y symptom "in the book." ugh. fever and sinus headaches were the worst. still coughing, hoping it will not mutate into bronchitis or pneumonia.

i have had both in the past, not for over 10 years.
i know this, judging from the expiration dates on cold medicine in my cabinet! :lol:

i had a box of (vintage) Kleenex in there, too.
comparing my new box with the old, it appears we are now getting about half the tissue in those same size boxes! for the same or higher price. tricky marketing. :evil:
the numbers may be similar, the tissues are not the same. achoo!

i am blessed to have not been sick, especially during those years when caring for my husband and mother. we did lots of handwashing, "walk in the door, wash your hands!" - with all we had to cope with, seasonal flus left us alone. wash hands and pray! we shared so much, were so grateful for our time together.

at that time, we heard (from Hospice nurses) of so many deaths in hospitals/nursing homes .. patients dying of flus and infections. at home, we were able to bypass those things. to have more time together, quality time to share and remember.

so many loved ones in my heart. friends and family.
well. my grandmother told me, this is the hardest part of getting older. missing loved ones.
i was so young, a child. probably 10. i had no idea what my life would be.
now, somehow, i am her. or, my best imitation of her! in her shoes, i'll just have to do! :P
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:Today .. must drive into town for routine fasting labs, 14 hours.

i was in the house most of last week, sick with a terrible cold that hit-hard with e-v-e-r-y symptom "in the book." ugh. fever and sinus headaches were the worst. still coughing, hoping it will not mutate into bronchitis or pneumonia.

i have had both in the past, not for over 10 years.
i know this, judging from the expiration dates on cold medicine in my cabinet! :lol:

i had a box of (vintage) Kleenex in there, too.
comparing my new box with the old, it appears we are now getting about half the tissue in those same size boxes! for the same or higher price. tricky marketing. :evil:
the numbers may be similar, the tissues are not the same. achoo!

i am blessed to have not been sick, especially during those years when caring for my husband and mother. we did lots of handwashing, "walk in the door, wash your hands!" - with all we had to cope with, seasonal flus left us alone. wash hands and pray! we shared so much, were so grateful for our time together.

at that time, we heard (from Hospice nurses) of so many deaths in hospitals/nursing homes .. patients dying of flus and infections. at home, we were able to bypass those things. to have more time together, quality time to share and remember.

so many loved ones in my heart. friends and family.
well. my grandmother told me, this is the hardest part of getting older. missing loved ones.
i was so young, a child. probably 10. i had no idea what my life would be.
now, somehow, i am her. or, my best imitation of her! in her shoes, i'll just have to do! :P
My wife is just getting over a cold and the rest of your lament is very close to home, but with my own parents in mind. Hang in there Em.
0 x