Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Re: Today ...

Post by Wade »

Nice to have a father-in-law who was a choir boy. When I remember hymnals he is always willing to sing acapella together. :hug:
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

We attended a worship service at our meeting house where the text for this day (tradition) was Luke 2: 21 - 40. The messages had a dual focus - that of continuing the story of Jesus birth and starting into a new year. No youth boys at church as they all left for the home church to attend the funeral of a 16 year old boy who was killed in a snowmobile accident.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Haven't checked into any Scroll Publishing stuff in a while, but today something lead me to listen to David Bercot's - The Kingdom of God. After months of Baptist teaching :? this was extremely refreshing!!!! :clap:
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

I listened to Chester Weaver, John d. Martin, and Roger Hertzler speaking at AIC 2015 and 2016. That was interesting after reading one of John Eldredge's books. Eldredge is interesting but something didn't feel right so I checked it out. That was how I ended up on the AIC site.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Wade wrote:Haven't checked into any Scroll Publishing stuff in a while, but today something lead me to listen to David Bercot's - The Kingdom of God. After months of Baptist teaching :? this was extremely refreshing!!!! :clap:
I didn't have time to listen to the whole thing, but found lots of good inspiration there.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Soloist wrote:
Wade wrote:Standing out in the rain where it is cold and dark at six years old...

Just got home in the dark and it is raining fairly hard. Took the baby into the house as most everybody ran in. Came back to get our three year old who was sleeping soundly in the vehicle while she stood there in the dark, cold, and rain.
She didn't want him to wake up and be alone. :)
Our youngest tends to start crying unless she's asleep because we get the others unbuckled before getting her. I think she thinks we are abandoning her when we close the door to go around and open her door. :roll:
ugh. i empathize with the baby.
as a child, i was terrified of being abandoned. i tried to hide my fear, but it was painful.
now, later in life, i imagine the torment was from older siblings teasing me about it. they were quite a bit older, and “rambunctious.” lol

car seats have changed family dynamics in various ways.
before, the youngest would be “in arms” or first to exit .. now, the last. hmm.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Hats Off wrote:We attended a worship service at our meeting house where the text for this day (tradition) was Luke 2: 21 - 40. The messages had a dual focus - that of continuing the story of Jesus birth and starting into a new year.
No youth boys at church as they all left for the home church to attend the funeral of a 16 year old boy who was killed in a snowmobile accident.
so sad about the accident. :(
just before Christmas, i learned of a cousin’s son, 12, killed by auto in early November, he was riding his bike home from school, doing nothing wrong. his sister was also hit, she was taken to the hospital and released. she saw her brother under the car. the driver is cooperating with authorities. he had a child in the car with him.
in former years, my mother and her siblings would make sure family news was shared, in good times and bad. not many of them left now. it’s sad to see how those of us following do not keep in contact as they did. the world that once seemed so normal and reliable is about to disappear. this temporal world.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Wade

Post by Wade »

Wade wrote: He didn't have to stay over night and they gave him Ventolin and steroids. A first for us that he maybe asthmatic and until he is better he requires a puffer about every hour for now.
Well my wife took our son back to the hospital and now they found that he has pneumonia.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Nothing the doctors are doing is helping his breathing. Now they said he will be transferred to BC children's hospital.
:pray
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Wade wrote:Nothing the doctors are doing is helping his breathing. Now they said he will be transferred to BC children's hospital.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown