Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Re: Today ...

Post by gcdonner »

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. Claudia came home this afternoon and has been resting. She will take a Sabbath from church tomorrow as well. I will be there alone, but with her as well in spirit. I will call home between services just in case she needs anything. We are only about a half mile away from the church.
Blessings for your day of worship. I'm off to bed! Goodnight!
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

"a Sabbath from church" made me smile.
0 x
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

Josh wrote:"a Sabbath from church" made me smile.
I'm glad it made you smile. Church is not rest, especially if you are there for 4 hours, and Sabbath isn't about worship after all, is it? ;)
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote:
I'm glad it made you smile. Church is not rest, especially if you are there for 4 hours, and Sabbath isn't about worship after all, is it? ;)
i'm glad you pointed this out, i don't believe i've ever heard this thought articulated, but, when i was a wife and mother of young children, busy in church various times throughout the week, the thought of "no rest" occurred to me many times. :lol:

Claudia must be doing well .. i saw you posted, came looking for an update. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Got my computer running again, thanks to a recent image backup. I keep cloud copies of my data, so I ended up only losing one day's writing. Since it was more of a thinking day, I didn't really lose that much.

I guess I've been depending too much on system restore points. Usually you can recover fairly easily from a problem like this, but Windows destroyed my restore point when I tried to use it. I had to run it from the repair profile, which I never did before. I decided that I would wipe my boot SSD and start over with a fresh install of Windows, but that didn't work either. So I don't know what is with my recovery partition - maybe it still has Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 on it. It came with Windows 7 and I've been upgrading on the run. So maybe it's time to wipe my system and start fresh.
0 x
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:
gcdonner wrote:
i'm glad you pointed this out, i don't believe i've ever heard this thought articulated, but, when i was a wife and mother of young children, busy in church various times throughout the week, the thought of "no rest" occurred to me many times. :lol:

Claudia is doing well and now off restriction so she can wash dishes and do the laundry again. I was house husband for several days. Yesterday we celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary. If you ever get to see her, you should congratulate her for putting up with me for all these years...
Thank you all for your prayers and thank you to our Heavenly Father who answered, "YES".
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

We're giving thanks for her good progress, George. May God bless you both on your anniversary :pray
gcdonner wrote:
temporal1 wrote:
gcdonner wrote: I'm glad it made you smile. Church is not rest, especially if you are there for 4 hours, and Sabbath isn't about worship after all, is it? ;)

Claudia is doing well and now off restriction so she can wash dishes and do the laundry again. I was house husband for several days. Yesterday we celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary. If you ever get to see her, you should congratulate her for putting up with me for all these years...
Thank you all for your prayers and thank you to our Heavenly Father who answered, "YES".
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote: Claudia is doing well and now off restriction :D
so she can wash dishes and do the laundry again.
I was house husband for several days.

Yesterday we celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary. :D
If you ever get to see her, you should congratulate her for putting up with me for all these years... :D

Thank you all for your prayers and thank you to our Heavenly Father who answered, "YES". :D
so glad to read this.
0 x

UNKNOWN
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

temporal1 wrote:
gcdonner wrote: Claudia is doing well and now off restriction :D
so she can wash dishes and do the laundry again.
I was house husband for several days.

Yesterday we celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary. :D
If you ever get to see her, you should congratulate her for putting up with me for all these years... :D

Thank you all for your prayers and thank you to our Heavenly Father who answered, "YES". :D
so glad to read this.
Thank you!
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Snow coming in today.
0 x

UNKNOWN