Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Today ...

Post by Robert »

Up at 6 AM and 3 hour drive to the doctor. We get there with 1 minutes to spare. Find out the doctor's appointment is in another town almost 1 hour away. No way to get there before he would leave. Two other appointments 4 hours apart. Long day for 3 teenage boys on a hot day in a little mini van, saying nothing about the grumpy old man driving. Did get the wife two new dresses. I was happy about that. Problem is now she wants me to take her out so she can wear one. Maybe I will tell her to wear one in 2 weeks for the rescheduled appointment 3 hours away again. I doubt I can get away with that. :lol:
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Last weekend, my two youngest decided to set up a Lemonade stand. They cleared about $11. I was mean and did not let them set it up the next day. Most people just stopped and gave them money and drank nothing. I thought they were learning a little bit of a bad lesson that they could go sit and wait for people to just give them money for nothing.

The middle boy came in this morning and said he had a REALLY bad dream last night. He hugged me for comfort. He dreamed that I made him share 1/3 of the money with the oldest. :laugh
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Today, there was an email in my spam folder - it said in part
Yeah. I know you are a pedophile.
Actually I know way more about you than you think.
Whoever sent it must read my MennoNet posts.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Took the boys swimming this afternoon. Came home and took a nap. Wife woke me kindly and asked me to grill hamburgers. She loves them. How could I say no?

Finished the book I was reading and will start with Foxfire and "The Lost Ways." I book about how people lived, prepared food and provided for their families 100-200 years ago. Yes, preppers use it too, but I just want to enjoy the history lessons.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Robert wrote:Took the boys swimming this afternoon. Came home and took a nap. Wife woke me kindly and asked me to grill hamburgers. She loves them. How could I say no?

Finished the book I was reading and will start with Foxfire and "The Lost Ways." I book about how people lived, prepared food and provided for their families 100-200 years ago. Yes, preppers use it too, but I just want to enjoy the history lessons.
We used to have a number of those Foxfire books. Wish now we had kept them, they would have been good reference books here in TN.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

gcdonner wrote: We used to have a number of those Foxfire books. Wish now we had kept them, they would have been good reference books here in TN.
I am getting mine from the local library.
0 x
Aurien
Affiliation: Ex-Mennonite

Post by Aurien »

Robert wrote:
gcdonner wrote: We used to have a number of those Foxfire books. Wish now we had kept them, they would have been good reference books here in TN.
I love my local library system. They have all 12 of the Foxfire books plus some of the other ones like A Foxfire Christmas and the 40th and 45th anniversary books. I have a long list of books that I want to borrow and read and the Foxfire ones are on there.
0 x
No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly. --J.R.R. Tolkien

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that...you find someone to carry you. --Firefly
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Robert wrote:
That is how we got introduced to them in the first place and then found them for sale at thrift stores and library book sales.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Today, I tried to drive 2 hours north to the UP to look at a hightop van. I got a text saying "Welcome to Canada." I turned right at Lake Superior and finally found it down 75. Crazy GPS unit!
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Hats Off wrote:Today, there was an email in my spam folder - it said in part
Yeah. I know you are a pedophile.
Actually I know way more about you than you think.
Whoever sent it must read my MennoNet posts.
creepy.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN