Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Re: Today ...

Post by haithabu »

I'm just starting to prep for a new Bible study series for our home group on Genesis. I plan to do it inductively, cross referencing forward into later books of the Bible as we go. The idea is not only to listen to the text, but to draw out the themes which make Genesis foundational to our faith and to the rest of Scripture.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

haithabu wrote:I'm just starting to prep for a new Bible study series for our home group on Genesis. I plan to do it inductively, cross referencing forward into later books of the Bible as we go. The idea is not only to listen to the text, but to draw out the themes which make Genesis foundational to our faith and to the rest of Scripture.
Sounds like fun to me! Wish I could be there...
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Peregrino
Affiliation:

Post by Peregrino »

Today our family begins a new adventure. Our year and a half in Mexico came to a close yesterday. Our church has lost all interest in continuing the mission we were sent to start and they have decided to end their involvement in it. We have passed through a lot of different emotions and are trying to keep our balance through it all. It is gut-wrenching to pour your heart into something and have it casually dismissed and discarded by your brothers.

Today we will be touring the zoo and aquarium in Albuquerque. The children are quite excited about it. We will be sort of wandering around the Eastern US in the next several months, visiting family and taking training for the next stage of our lives, which will be working for CAM in the SALT program in Nicaragua.

Keep our family in your prayers. I do not want my children to develop any bitterness or bad attitudes from the knocks of life, but I struggle with it myself sometimes. I need the grace of God to raise them in a God-fearing way, willing to serve others.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Peregrino wrote:Today our family begins a new adventure. Our year and a half in Mexico came to a close yesterday. Our church has lost all interest in continuing the mission we were sent to start and they have decided to end their involvement in it. We have passed through a lot of different emotions and are trying to keep our balance through it all. It is gut-wrenching to pour your heart into something and have it casually dismissed and discarded by your brothers.

Today we will be touring the zoo and aquarium in Albuquerque. The children are quite excited about it. We will be sort of wandering around the Eastern US in the next several months, visiting family and taking training for the next stage of our lives, which will be working for CAM in the SALT program in Nicaragua.

Keep our family in your prayers. I do not want my children to develop any bitterness or bad attitudes from the knocks of life, but I struggle with it myself sometimes. I need the grace of God to raise them in a God-fearing way, willing to serve others.
I understand your sadness having been through a similar situation. Only God can grant a vision. Father, I pray that you will touch the hearts of stone that have lost their compassion for others, and grant an extra measure of grace to our friend to continue faithful to you and the heavenly calling, in Jesus' name. Amen
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote:
Peregrino wrote:Today our family begins a new adventure. Our year and a half in Mexico came to a close yesterday. Our church has lost all interest in continuing the mission we were sent to start and they have decided to end their involvement in it. We have passed through a lot of different emotions and are trying to keep our balance through it all. It is gut-wrenching to pour your heart into something and have it casually dismissed and discarded by your brothers.

I understand your sadness having been through a similar situation. Only God can grant a vision. Father, I pray that you will touch the hearts of stone that have lost their compassion for others, and grant an extra measure of grace to our friend to continue faithful to you and the heavenly calling, in Jesus' name. Amen
Peregino, joining others in prayer for you; how sad for you, for your family, and, for those new friends in Mexico. i pray the Holy Spirit will watch over them, and speak to them .. there may be surprises yet to come in future.

blessings for your work with CAM and SALT.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Peregrino: keeping you all in prayer in this time of disappointment but also the threshold of a new beginning. :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

I can feel for you, Peregrino. The death of a vision one has worked hard for can be heartbreaking. Keeping your family from bitterness, as you seek, may be hard, but it's important. Blessings on the next step in your journey.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

I'm really excited for your opportunity in the SALT program. :P :hug: :wave:
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

6-8 inches of snow yesterday and predicting that much more for today. Hello, Spring!
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

still cold here but beautiful sunshine!
0 x