Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Today ...

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote:-20F is COLD.
It is, but think "C" for Canada. -4F is cold too, but doesn't sound nearly as extreme.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote:
temporal1 wrote:-20F is COLD.
It is, but think "C" for Canada. -4F is cold too, but doesn't sound nearly as extreme.
temps in the teens, F, seem plenty COLD, to me. dropping to zero F and below just seems unnecessary. :evil:

when temps get to zero F, i become anxious for my car and home to hold up.
so much drama!
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

temporal1 wrote:because of their lack of simple details, i rarely watch local tv weather anymore. i use NOAA’s website.

i can quickly see what i need, without having to drudge-through the entire region’s/state’s forecast. our weather in the north part of the county is often quite different than the southern end - that’s just 1 county!
:up: :dance: :up: :dance: :up: :dance: :up:

I love it! I often use the same site.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

lesterb wrote:British Columbia is COLD. Minus 20 is nothing new to us -- it gets colder than that in Alberta. But the cold seems damper here. I'm sitting in our bedroom with my feet wrapped in a blanket, trying to work. The furnace has run pretty well nonstop since this morning, and it still hasn't quite gotten to room temperature.

We're babysitting and housesitting for our son and his wife. Rick's mother in law appears to be in her very last days of life and the whole family is back there. We are keeping their children here. Scheduling is a bit uncertain at this point.
Is that minus F or C? -20° C is warm for us here this time of year, now if you want to talk -20°F...
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote:i use NOAA’s website.
Today, NOAA accurately predicted continuous rainfall. However, this time it was the county emergency management people who warned of flooding.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

gcdonner wrote:
lesterb wrote:British Columbia is COLD. Minus 20 is nothing new to us -- it gets colder than that in Alberta. But the cold seems damper here. I'm sitting in our bedroom with my feet wrapped in a blanket, trying to work. The furnace has run pretty well nonstop since this morning, and it still hasn't quite gotten to room temperature.

We're babysitting and housesitting for our son and his wife. Rick's mother in law appears to be in her very last days of life and the whole family is back there. We are keeping their children here. Scheduling is a bit uncertain at this point.
Is that minus F or C? -20° C is warm for us here this time of year, now if you want to talk -20°F...
Celsius. A little below 0° F. Like I said, we get colder than that in Alberta. But our cold is usually a dry cold that doesn't feel as cold. This was COLD.
0 x
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

lesterb wrote:
gcdonner wrote:

Celsius. A little below 0° F. Like I said, we get colder than that in Alberta. But our cold is usually a dry cold that doesn't feel as cold. This was COLD.
Add some wind to it like we get here in MN, then let's talk about COLD.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

Our high temp today was 26°F and it was raining... we now have a coating of about 1/2" of ice on everything!
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Adam? - Papua, New Guinea Earthquake
https://m.theepochtimes.com/papua-new-g ... 53359.html
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

mike wrote:Ken Miller has completed his sentence and is returning home tomorrow.
Returning Tomorrow!
Published on Monday, 05 March 2018 07:58
Ken is set to return tomorrow, March 6, 2018! We're all geared up for his return! He's going to hole up with his wife and family for the first few days.

We plan a relatively low-key welcome home service for him on Sunday, March 11,
at Pilgrim Fellowship in Stuarts Draft, with fellowship lunch following.
You are welcome to attend.

blessings!
Today! :D
0 x

UNKNOWN